Turf club bar and grille - any recent reviews ?

Spectro

Original Poster
As we are staying at SSR thought we might try this instead of our usual places around Epcot mostly. Menu looks good but is it good ? Thanks. Btw we have the ddp.

disneyworlddad

As we are staying at SSR thought we might try this instead of our usual places around Epcot mostly. Menu looks good but is it good ? Thanks. Btw we have the ddp.

We ate their last summer and thought is was excellent. I had the prime rib and the DW had the strip. She loved it. I can't remember what the son had (he was 1 1/2 at the time but I seem to remember he enjoyed it too, we ordered him something off the kid menu.) We were also on the dining plan and it was a lot of food. We ate right at like 5 and were one of about 4 tables. Our server was excellent and very personable. Told us about his home country and what other places he had worked (Morocco pillion) around Disney. There is also pool table and chess/checkers in the waiting area if you want to hand out with a drink from the bar.

Spectro

Original Poster
Awesome. Thanks for the reviews. The menu looks really good and I like the interior I'm going to add an adr here. I checked the restaurant menus at Disney springs restaurants and the only ones that appealed to us are all signature dining. :)

Swissmiss

Premium Member
We too had a fantastic experience there - great food and outstanding service. We sat on the terrace and enjoyed watching the DS boats go by. Definitely a restaurant we will return to during a future visit.

Phonedave

I enjoy the Turf Club, but I don't think I would make a special trip just to go there. We do stay at SSR a lot, and often eat there multiple times when we do, so maybe that is why I would not make a special trip just to go there. Their menu rarely changes, which is not a bad thing, but after you have had every dish multiple times, it does get a bit old.

They can be a bit funky with reservations (but then so can all WDW). I have called for reservations at a given time (say 5:00 PM) only to be told none were availble, and then be given a 6:30 reservation. I showed up at 5:00 anyway (with a party of 5) to find maybe a dozen people in the entire restaruant. The hostess was just as confused as I was about why they said no 5:00 PM reservations were available. this has happend to me multiple times there.

So if there is a specific time that you want to eat, and they tell you there is no avaiability, there is a likely chance that if you walk up, you wil be seated. They do serve as the restaruant for the LBV golf course, so maybe the set aside a number of tables based on the number of tee time reservations? Who knows?

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom