TTA Refurbishment on schedule?

DoctorDisney

The entire turntable platform was lifted up and apparently there were a number of issues underneath it so that was originally why it was said that the opening would be delayed.

Now, I've gone to MK four times in the past week and only ridden it once. Been down other times, but have seen it running test-runs as well. Nothing's been changed, but it got a tune-up and seems to still need more.

MissM

Was at MK this past Saturday and around 3pm I noticed tons of people walking on the peoplemover track. I made my way to the entrance of TTA. I asked a cast member if the ride would be back up later in the evening or the next day and they stated that it was down and that maintenance was repairing.
Wow. So if you saw it go down and people evacuating at 3pm Saturday and it was STILL closed when I went by 9pm Saturday that's pretty bad!

note2001

My friends in Tomorrowland tell me that both Space Mountain and TTA have be down and evac'd twice so far today on unrelated issues.

Come on Disney! Get your act together and fix things!

The new August CP recruits are getting plenty of evac training today using real guests.

note2001

Was at MK this past Saturday and around 3pm I noticed tons of people walking on the peoplemover track. I made my way to the entrance of TTA. I asked a cast member if the ride would be back up later in the evening or the next day and they stated that it was down and that maintenance was repairing. View attachment 62456

That is a dirty building in behind there, is that Stitch's Escape?

Scuttle

image.jpg
My friends in Tomorrowland tell me that both Space Mountain and TTA have be down and evac'd twice so far today on unrelated issues.

Come on Disney! Get your act together and fix things!
Yep and how about this out of place paint job. Not 100% sure it wasn't there before...?

hpyhnt 1000

How about Disney not reopening an attraction that's not show ready?

If this were still standard procedure, probably half the attractions at WDW wouldn't open on a daily basis. Execs and higher-ups couldn't care less about show quality these days (just look at the sand pit that is the Hub these days and for many days to come); capacity and ride counts are the only thing that matter now.

View attachment 62653
Yep and how about this out of place paint job. Not 100% sure it wasn't there before...?

That has been that way for many years. Blame the steam trains for that one.

Scuttle

Crazy! And even more crazy I don't remember it. Why in the hell would they paint that section there!? It looks straight from Tron.

MaryJaneP

View attachment 62653

I am not as well versed as you and maybe my eyes are not as precise as yours, but would you please tell me which part of what is in the picture is mis-painted and what it should have to make it consistent with what other part?

EDIT: Other posters seem to suggest that the black shape is the focus and that the black has purportedly something to do with the steam trains.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
At what point will so-called Disney fans stop complaining about projects that are clearly not finished? Half of RocketTower Plaza is still wrapped in tarps and construction walls and Astro Orbiter hasn't been re-installed. How about waiting until the project is 'complete' before rushing in with the negative judgement?
The maintenance of TTA is done, and is now worse than it was even before. I think that aspect of the judgement is 100 times warranted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom