Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Update it to increase interest

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Scrap it and start over with a new attraction

Votes: 26 41.9%

• Total voters

copcarguyp71

Original Poster
We have only ever done TSI once in 9 trips and we were underwhelmed as was our DD age seven at the time. It is time consuming to get there and back as well which ate up way more time than we had anticipated. So I guess I am wondering if you enjoy it or would vote to make improvements or changes to use that space in MK otherwise.

PUSH

To me it's just taking up space. It's a once in every couple years type of thing. Takes forever to get over there, and the space could be much better used. If you were to connect it to the main land then you'd have to get rid of the riverboat, or permanently dock it, which I would not be opposed to. Just think what could happen if all of that area was filled in with dirt/land and used for something else. It could be spectacular.

copcarguyp71

Original Poster
I have never done the Riverboat and have little interest to. If I want to sit down for a little while it is usually in A/C. I too had thought about filling that area in as well and that would be a huge piece of property for a Fronteirland/Liberty expansion.

PUSH

I have never done the Riverboat and have little interest to. If I want to sit down for a little while it is usually in A/C. I too had thought about filling that area in as well and that would be a huge piece of property for a Fronteirland/Liberty expansion.

I did the Riverboat once and regretted it. It's a very long, boring ride with nothing much to see in the hot sun with not much shade. Plus no A/C or fans. I, too, think of the size of that space and an expansion for Frontierland/Liberty Square. I just like walking by the water, but would be okay if they'd fill it in.

cheezbat

I like TSI, but I understand why people think its dated and a waste of time.
If it were up to me, I'd keep the front island area and update it, and demo the back half and fill in that part of the lagoon for a massive future expansion. Just think of how much more expansion room they would have if they did that.

copcarguyp71

Original Poster
FYI, I just looked on googlemaps and the size of the riverboat and TSI would be slightly larger than Fronteirland and Adventureland combined...whoa! What an awesome level of possibilities that would present...it boggles my mind that this much land has been untapped other than the minimal effort offering currently there.

Dasnowz

I voted to keep it. We love going over there. We plan out a mid afternoon trip for some down time. My kids enjoy running all over the place unrestricted with fewer people. My husband and I sit on the landing in the rocking chairs and enjoy a quiet moment and people watch. At some point we will also get in a few games of checkers. Since we live in Florida we do day trip over to WDW. We live 77.4 miles away so for us going back to our room is not an option. This for us provides the quiet area we crave.

copcarguyp71

Original Poster
I voted to keep it. We love going over there. We plan out a mid afternoon trip for some down time. My kids enjoy running all over the place unrestricted with fewer people. My husband and I sit on the landing in the rocking chairs and enjoy a quiet moment and people watch. At some point we will also get in a few games of checkers. Since we live in Florida we do day trip over to WDW. We live 77.4 miles away so for us going back to our room is not an option. This for us provides the quiet area we crave.

Great point of view...always interesting when someone brings up a scenario I had not thought of! Also with an only child I had not thought of the siblings heading off together...although I would worry to much about...creeps.

Tigger#1

I also voted to keep it
Our kids are grown but TSI is one of the last slow paced places in MK since they gutted the theater for a meet and greet. The whole place doesn't have to be a thrill ride sometimes you need somewhere quiet to relax for a while.

Dasnowz

we have 4 kids . we have been going to Disney with them since 2002 and the youngest is now 14 the oldest is 25. They have always enjoyed it. My kids even liked the canoes at DL. they are always in pairs of at least 2 at all times. the kids bring friends most if the time we go as well. They have to check in every 20 min on the island. They have bathroom buddies. it makes me feel better in my head with the creeps.

It also makes for an awesome!!!! game if hide and seek. Kids go hide and when parents feel like it we will come seek!! they know better but it is fun when we can pull it off.

Magenta Panther

I think the river and the rafts should be preserved, but perhaps it's time for a new attraction there. I have read both Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn, and of course they're great books, but time has not been kind to them. I think perhaps an extension of Pirates should be built in TSI's place.

I_heart_Tigger

I did it for the first and only time when I worked there and I have visited WDW over 20 times. In my sisters 19 visits and my parents 25 visits they've done it once - bored to tears, found it a waste of time and space and none of us would ever do it again. Something entertaining would be better there.

copcarguyp71

Original Poster
I think the river and the rafts should be preserved, but perhaps it's time for a new attraction there. I have read both Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn, and of course they're great books, but time has not been kind to them. I think perhaps an extension of Pirates should be built in TSI's place.

Pirates would be cool but maybe too far around the bend from Adventureland to tie in correctly and still maintain continuity of the lands.

rufio

To me it's just taking up space. It's a once in every couple years type of thing. Takes forever to get over there, and the space could be much better used. If you were to connect it to the main land then you'd have to get rid of the riverboat, or permanently dock it, which I would not be opposed to. Just think what could happen if all of that area was filled in with dirt/land and used for something else. It could be spectacular.

I've never done TSI or the riverboat and I'm not too terribly broken up about it. I agree that they should scrap it.

copcarguyp71

Original Poster

I think for me the rafts are one of the big problems as it takes way too long to get back and forth. If they shut down the riverboat then a bridge might be a happy compromise with a renovated/renewed island.

Magenta Panther

Pirates would be cool but maybe too far around the bend from Adventureland to tie in correctly and still maintain continuity of the lands.

Very good point. Here's my alternative idea: perhaps, if the Lone Ranger is a hit film, there could be a mock shootout between the Ranger and outlaws, who are hiding out on the island. Once they're vanquished, the Lone Ranger could encourage guests to travel to the island to pick up his silver bullets for redemption of some sort...

copcarguyp71

Original Poster
There could also be some sort of Pocahontas tie in...Not everything needs a tie in though. I would love to see something totally original and NOT inspired by an existing film. Remember Pirates came before Pirates! I am sure there are some in the Imagineering dept who would love to be turned loose without specific direction. It would be nice to be surprised for a change.

Magenta Panther

There could also be some sort of Pocahontas tie in...Not everything needs a tie in though. I would love to see something totally original and NOT inspired by an existing film. Remember Pirates came before Pirates! I am sure there are some in the Imagineering dept who would love to be turned loose without specific direction. It would be nice to be surprised for a change.

I completely agree! Something original there would be awesome!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom