Truly Haunted Haunted Mansion Photo

Pigtails

nicholas said:
So the people in that doombuggie might have had a real hitchhiking ghost for the entire ride. LOL

Hehe, I had the same thought when I first saw the pic. It's so creepy! I just rode the HM yesterday, I wonder if we may have had a extra person in our doombuggie.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
dukein2009 said:
Someone really needs to go back and read my explanation on page 4. It's a real photo and actually the chance of this happening is not that uncommon.
I also read it, and I think the angles you described are off by quite a bit.

Look at the angle of the lights hanging from the ceiling, which hang centered, down the middle of that hallway. Then, realize that in this hallway, the doombuggies face straight forward, with no turning to the left or right.

The angle from my camera is looking at primarily the rear of that doombuggy, as it is faced almost directly away from where I was sitting. The only doombuggy facing a different direction was mine, and at the point of the picture, I was probably about 20 - 30 degrees off of the line, but I had the camera facing directly down that side of the hall, which means the angle represented is even less.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to prove that this is a ghost. As I said in my very first post, this is just a really creepy picture. If I wanted to look back down a hallway from my doombuggy, it's certainly possible to do so, but i'd have to turn completely sideways and get my knee up on the seat in order to look back at that angle, especially when my doombuggy was facing directly in line with the track beneath me.

Also, for further explanation of how the capture works......the flip out screen on the camera shows everything that the nightshot sees through the lens, and everything that would be recorded if I were to hit the capture button. So, at this time, I was looking at the screen waiting for the moment I wanted to capture, which in this case was looking down the side of this hallway. When I got to the right spot, all the while looking at the screen, I hit the capture. At this point, the camera freezes the frame for approximately 1 - 2 seconds, then goes back into camera mode.

Not only did I not see this kid peer around the side of the doombuggy before I hit the button, but I also didn't see this in reviewing the pic for the 1-2 seconds while it was frozen.

I don't wear glasses. I don't wear contacts. I have 20/20 vision. My eyes had adjusted to the dark plenty by this time, as I had been inside the Mansion for about 15 minutes.

Strange? I think so.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Ok, as requested, here are 4 randomly selected captures from other parts of the attraction.....

Attachments

• haunted compare 1.jpg
    haunted compare 1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 414
  • haunted compare 2.jpg
    haunted compare 2.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 404
  • haunted compare 3.jpg
    haunted compare 3.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 357
  • haunted compare 4.jpg
    haunted compare 4.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 385

Richy_roo

Great Photo

Its a great photo, but to me it purely looks like the person (a kid/teen i think) 2-3 doombuggies in front leaning round to look behind.

You are not really held in on the doombuggies, and this would be easy to do. When my mum and dad ride infront i always learn forward and knock on the back of their doombuggy.

I'm not saying the photo is rigged or you know the person or anything,I'm just saying it looks like a person seeing whats going on behind (possible more of their party in the doombuggy behind - one in front of yours). They also seem to have a bit of a 'hello' cheeky smile. The image is optimised down to 42kb, so you can't do much with it in PSP, you'd need the original to confirm.

So everyone don't freak out, and sleep ok....

Tramp

Zac.......if someone could sell a burnt grilled cheese sandwich with the image of the Virgin Mary for $28,000 on Ebay, you should be able to pick yourself up a couple of grand for this, maybe more! :wave:

Jerm

I don't care if it is a ghost or not that pic is FREAKY!!!!! I can't look at that pic anymore atleast till I freak out my gf when I show it to her. How about we not talk about this anymore.

J

DisneyRoxMySox

Scary!!!!

Look at the face of the CM is MSU's second picture of is random four. It looks nothing
like the face of the "ghost child". Maybe that has to do with lighting, but it appears to me,
in my own experience, there is very little light difference in these two spots.

Someone mentioned that the Doom Buggies appear to be turning, they don't look like it to
me. But it is possible for someone to turn around in your doom buggy, and look around at that angle.

But, it's definitely a child (ghost or human), someone zoomed up on the picture and it seems to be a boy of
5-or-6 with a short haircut.

My sister was a CM at HM through the College Program and worked many late shifts and
many E-Nights, I'll have to ask her if she has heard "giggling or laughing" late at night. I'll
post again when I hear from her. Soon hopefully!!

Ghost or person, that's up to you to believe, but going with MSU's word that there was no child of
that age in front of him, I think it's a ghost!!!

Phew!! Oh, thanks for a great pic and disscussion!

Boo's Mom

raven said:
Ghost? Doubt it. If that IS a ghost then you have captured the worlds first EVER detailed picture of one. No offense, I'm not saying that it was fabricated but it looks very fake. I have a ghost in my house and I have learned to live with it. It doesn't try to harm anyone. But they just don't pop up for photo opps. Looks like it could be a reflection off of the doom buggie from a light sourse that just happens to have a shape of a face. It happens. Example: look at the face imprint that was captured on the surface of Mars. :animwink:

Looks like a real ghost to me. As far as that being the first ever detailed picture, I disagree. I'm a ghost hunter myself and I've caught ghosts on camera all the time. I have one talking to me on tape. Ghosts are everywhere. There are 33 ghosts for every 1 human being (so my head ghost hunter buddy says). Ghosts are curious and show up in photos more often then you think.

MouseMadness

Who'd have thought so many skeptics would partake in a WDW discussion board? :lol: Magic... yes, ghosts? Nooooooooo!

I happen to find the photo very convincing... I mean, it looks like who or whatever that is is POSING for the picture. That, or some person 4 or 5 cars ahead of Zac has impeccible timing.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Richy_roo said:
Its a great photo, but to me it purely looks like the person (a kid/teen i think) 2-3 doombuggies in front leaning round to look behind.

You are not really held in on the doombuggies, and this would be easy to do. When my mum and dad ride infront i always learn forward and knock on the back of their doombuggy.

I'm not saying the photo is rigged or you know the person or anything,I'm just saying it looks like a person seeing whats going on behind (possible more of their party in the doombuggy behind - one in front of yours). They also seem to have a bit of a 'hello' cheeky smile. The image is optimised down to 42kb, so you can't do much with it in PSP, you'd need the original to confirm.

So everyone don't freak out, and sleep ok....
You've already seen the ORIGINAL photo. It's the link in the first post of this thread. It hasn't been altered one bit. Not in size, not in quality. As I seem to have said at least 5 or 6 times already, this camera does not take megapixel images. It's full size, and best quality photos are 640 x 480, and that's exactly what's posted in the album.

Boo's Mom

And ghosts can be captured on film no matter what kind of camera you have. I have gotten ghosts on film just by using a $2.50 35mm single use camera from walmart. Ghosts' molecules move faster than we can see but cameras move as fast or faster than ghosts do so they show up on film. All of my ghosts pictures were taken with a 35mm camera.

bbll24

You people are crazy. There are no such things as ghosts, and there definitely aren't any real ghosts in HM. I am a Christian and I believe you either go to Heaven or Hell, you don't just hang around here. You "ghost hunters" need to get a life and do something better with your time.

ACE

Wow! I started reading this last nite and the debate is still going. I downloaded the pic and played with it in photoshop. Now I'm not an expert with photoshop, but I am pretty good, I tried all kinds of brightness/contrast/threshold etc... combos and while the other reflections changed or distorted the "face" always stayed the same. Meaning it looked like a face no matter what I did.

I'm not saying it is a ghost. I would love to duplicate this with a known person looking back to see if there is any difference. It would be interesting.

I didn't save any of my photoshop edits last nite but I did have one interesting one that I will try to do again tonite and post later.

Also, if any of you think Zac is faking this, believe me he is good enough with photoshop to make a more believable photo than this.

:wave: ACE

Captain Hank

I definately think you've got something. I find it doubtful that someone would be looking around like that that early in the attraction, and it would be an uncomfortable position to say the least, especially if there was more than one person in the doombuggy. I live in a haunted house, so you can imagine my opinion on the existance of ghosts. Creepy either way.

ACE

bbll24 said:
You people are crazy. There are no such things as ghosts, and there definitely aren't any real ghosts in HM. I am a Christian and I believe you either go to Heaven or Hell, you don't just hang around here. You "ghost hunters" need to get a life and do something better with your time.

Do you believe in Angels? What do they look like? Maybe this is an Angel.

Just so you know, I'm a Christian too. Dedicated as a baby, grew up in the church, baptized, the whole nine yards. The difference is that I do believe in spirits good and evil. Matter of fact it says in the Bible that people can communicate with the dead but they are not supposed too.

Just a little FYI.

Take Care,
:wave: ACE

Testtrack321

bbll24 said:

Roman Catholic here. Who says this is their soul, what if this is just energy? Just because someone has a different opinion of something dosn't mean they are crazy, wrong, or going to hell (not saying you are saying that).

What if I say that you "catholics" shouldn't go to church, it's a waste of your time. Dosn't that sound really stupid? Sure it does. Same this with ghost hunters. Plus, I'd rather hanve kids going ghost hunting than smoking pot or having a one night stand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom