Truly Haunted Haunted Mansion Photo

Gail Hayden

raven said:
Ok. Nightshot doesn't look like that. Your photo: http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=12383&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=5 is what a typical nightshot looks like. Everything in the picture would show up green. Why is only the face green? nothing else in the picture shows up except the normal lighting in that sceen. And if the camera's night shot was turned up to the max then it's a pretty cheap camera. I got a $120 digital camera at a local drug store that has a better night shot than that. I'm not complaining about the camera though. The picture just looks too fake to me that's all. Something that can easily be created in a photo editing program. :rolleyes:
No, not all nightshot photos are all green. They vary in hue from black to green and in my program the face is only pale green. I was able to make it contrast to black and white in the Microsoft program.
I don't think the photo is a fake.

raven

Gail Hayden said:
No, not all nightshot photos are all green. They vary in hue from black to green and in my program the face is only pale green. I was able to make it contrast to black and white in the Microsoft program.
I don't think the photo is a fake.

Still, if this person was able to take another photo of themself and the subject is green, why is nothing else in the photo green? I'd be interested in seeing the other photo's he took that day in the mansion using nightshot to compare.

Dr.Seeker

For any believers out there, a story one doombuggies said that some time ago a mother wanted to scatter her dead sons ashes on his favourite ride-HM. They didn't let her so she just went on and emptied the ashes on the ride. AARRGGHHH

SIR90210

Dr.Seeker said:
For any believers out there, a story one doombuggies said that some time ago a mother wanted to scatter her dead sons ashes on his favourite ride-HM. They didn't let her so she just went on and emptied the ashes on the ride. AARRGGHHH

CRAP! You beat me by two minutes! Maybe I should get up earlier...

Testtrack321

For those who are wondering if that's a real person, read Zach's explination....

I took a bunch of on ride shots with my 100ft night vision. This si the very first hallway after loading, and the kid peeking his head around the doombuggy was NOT there when I took this pic. When I opened it up later that night, I about crapped my pants. Maybe there IS truth to the story of the kids remains being scattered in the HM.

Gail Hayden

raven said:
Still, if this person was able to take another photo of themself and the subject is green, why is nothing else in the photo green? I'd be interested in seeing the other photo's he took that day in the mansion using nightshot to compare.
I have no idea, I did not take the pictures. You do realize that there are many shades of green. From almost white to what appears to be black. My Nikon shoots what appears to be black and white night shots, but, in reality, they are dark green to very pale green.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Grrr. If you think I faked it then don't post in this thread anymore. I've never intentionally decieved anyone on these boards before, and I have no reason to do so.

If you've seen ghosts in real life, then goodie for you. That doesn't make you an expert on cameras. I, however, DO know something about cameras, and if you had paid attention to what you quoted, you'd see that this was a video camera with VERY LITTLE still capture capability. This camera was near the top of the line when I bought it (for consumer models) and is still extremely competitive today.

ANY camera, still or video, without the capability to capture in at least one megapixel, will give you a VERY grainy shot at night, and even moreso with the nightshot on.

The reason the shot of my face looks much different is because I shot it from 2 feet away, without the extra accessory that makes the nightshot reach further. If you've ever gotten close to ANY infrared technology, you'd know that being right next to it will smooth everything out. In fact, a photo that close will even eliminate imperfections in the skin such as scars and pimples.

Of course, all of these things seem obvious to me, but apparently I know more about cameras then I thought I did if the average person (you) can't figure out why this picture is grainy, and of low quality.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
raven said:
I'd be happy to post them. I can't wait to hear you say I doctored the photo after seeing the others.

I'm going to grab lunch. They'll be up later.

nicholas

This reminds me of the signature someone has on here. Can't remember who at the moment, but it goes something like this:

For the true believer, no evidence is necessary. For the disbeliever, no evidence is good enough.

And that is the end of my quote butchering for today

MrNonacho

Premium Member
The photo is obviously real, to me at least. If Zac's nightshot attachment is anything like mine, it acts more like a small spotlight than a floodlight. It lights up things in the center of the frame more than the stuff around the edges. Add this to the fact that pretty much everything else in the scene is colored black or another dark color, and you begin to see why the face is brighter than anything else.

Personally, I'm sticking with Occam's Razor. I think this was just a kid a few doom buggies up that was taking a look behind him (as I know I have done many times on many different rides) when the photo was taken. I don't think it's that farfetched that Zac just didn't notice the kid getting on or off the ride, especially if he didn't notice him in the picture until he reviewed it later. Another possibility is that it was an adult looking back. Nightshot can make faces look quite a bit different.

In any case, I don't think it was a ghost.

cru5h

The photo is not fake. I am no professional but have used Photoshop and adjusted images with it for about 5 years now. I could make you a really good fake picture if you want, but it would be obvious it was fake if you blew it up and looked closely. As for discrepencies between the 2 night shots, one was taken about 2 ft from his face while the other is like 25ft away. There would be a difference in the hues of green at that distance.

Whether it's a ghost or not is debateable but that's cool. He's not saying, "YOU MUST BELIEVE".

dukein2009

my post

Someone really needs to go back and read my explanation on page 4. It's a real photo and actually the chance of this happening is not that uncommon.

Gail Hayden

dukein2009 said:
Someone really needs to go back and read my explanation on page 4. It's a real photo and actually the chance of this happening is not that uncommon.
I did read it and it appears that you are correct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom