True Speed of Test Track?

DisneyFans4Life

Original Poster
Hey guys!

Does anyone know how fast TT truly goes when you're going around the building on the outside? I downloaded one of those speed apps that uses GPS and tried it out the last time I rode and it only topped out at 57mph...but that's far less than what the ride itself tells you. Now...I know the speed you see on the track isn't supposed to be accurate, but it definitely feels much faster than 57mph; possibly due to the severe bank that you're on.

Does anyone truly know how fast you're going?

Berret

In the Parks
No
Well, I've always seen the speed, according to the billboard odometer, as just shy of 65mph. I don't know if it's dramatics and it's actually less than that, but it sure seems pretty fast to me.

Rob562

Well, I've always seen the speed, according to the billboard odometer, as just shy of 65mph. I don't know if it's dramatics and it's actually less than that, but it sure seems pretty fast to me.

The bill board is just a display that runs the same sequence every time. It has no connection to your actual speed.

-Rob

chris chris

Next time someone on here rides they should try and use the speedometer snapchat filter and figure it out

or just a regular speedometer

Retroman40

It would be cool if they installed some type of speed trap like are used at drag strips. I wonder what kind of effect total weight of guests might have. I also wonder how fast GPS type speedos refresh. I think the only way to get an absolute accurate top speed would be to shoot the vehicle with a radar gun.

Mouse_Trap

Oh. That's disappointing.

Agreed, but then I find it totally disapointing that the ride runs at the same slow speed as many highway speeds.

I was so excited for the ride (mk1) before it opened, and so utterly disappointed once I finally got to ride it (being like aged 14 or something).

WhatJaneSays

I tried to run one of those iPhone speedometer apps on TT once and it didn't really work out but that was a LONG time ago. Maybe I should try it again now I have a newer phone.

FOH Jim

The problem with most of the speedometer apps is that the sample period is quite long, That combined with the curved track will tend to throw off the calculations.

Rob562

What? Are you sure? I thought I gpsed it on my phone last trip and it was fairly accurate. Maybe that was Disneyland...

Just because you were going 65 and it said you were going 65 doesn't mean that it's displaying your actual speed... It's a display that runs the exact same graphics sequence every time.

-Rob

DManRightHere

Just because you were going 65 and it said you were going 65 doesn't mean that it's displaying your actual speed... It's a display that runs the exact same graphics sequence every time.

-Rob

It is not randomized at all? I was sure TT 1.0 would range from like 59-63. I thought it still did that, but I guess it always maxes out now. .

fillerup

Yep, Saw the cars barely moving one time and the board still said ~65.

Just curious - where were you standing when you "saw" the cars barely moving and "saw" the sign at the same time? On the roof?

The display is not running the same graphics every time.

I'm not vouching for the accuracy of the speed reading but it's definitely not reading 65mph every time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom