News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Boek68

Ummmm....

Attachments

• -What-meme-12129.jpg
    -What-meme-12129.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 117

Movielover

So management actually thought about this for a minute and instead of adding another ride to a park that's in need of more capacity they decided to put it in a park that's too overcrowded?

Yes, and then they decided to put the ride in the park that is overcrowded.

flyerjab

The original TRON coaster was roughly going there yes, circa 2008-9.

This one was also proposed for DHS.

D23 has brought us lots of publicity about the Tron Coaster and the forums here have talked about thematic changes coming to the Tomorrowland Speedway. So yay! for all of this.

I know that you, @Magic Feather and @MansionButler84 in the past year have also talked about a complete redo of TL itself, at least from an aesthetics perspective. Is that still planned? I even recall Spirit or someone speaking about refurbing the CoP, especially the last scene, as well as a adding scenes (or "somethings" to look at) on the People Mover, and of course a replacement attraction for SGE.

Also, thinking about all of this, the one ride that I wish they would completely refurb is the Buzz ride. So many people complain about how cheesy and "off-the-shelf" the Chester and Hester's Dinorama area is in DAK. Well, I feel that the Buzz ride falls into the carnival like category rides. Which is funny because my family (all 5 of us) love the rides where we can compete against each other. Obviously TSMM is up there for that reason, but we also like this one. I can only imagine how much better this ride could be if it were properly updated for the modern theme park.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
D23 has brought us lots of publicity about the Tron Coaster and the forums here have talked about thematic changes coming to the Tomorrowland Speedway. So yay! for all of this.

I know that you, @Magic Feather and @MansionButler84 in the past year have also talked about a complete redo of TL itself, at least from an aesthetics perspective. Is that still planned? I even recall Spirit or someone speaking about refurbing the CoP, especially the last scene, as well as a adding scenes (or "somethings" to look at) on the People Mover, and of course a replacement attraction for SGE.

Also, thinking about all of this, the one ride that I wish they would completely refurb is the Buzz ride. So many people complain about how cheesy and "off-the-shelf" the Chester and Hester's Dinorama area is in DAK. Well, I feel that the Buzz ride falls into the carnival like category rides. Which is funny because my family (all 5 of us) love the rides where we can compete against each other. Obviously TSMM is up there for that reason, but we also like this one. I can only imagine how much better this ride could be if it were properly updated for the modern theme park.
So far as I know, wider Tomorrowland is still due a refresh, including the CoP and Peoplemover.

Monorail_Orange

About the only things I'd like to see changed on WDW's Buzz is a move to the freehanded laser guns that DL has, and some plussed effects, especially in the projection dome. Even those things having been said, my family (wife and 2 young daughters) actually prefers Buzz to TSMM, primarily because of the practical environs (real 3D), as opposed to just screens (simulated 3D).

Unplugged

The original TRON coaster was roughly going there yes, circa 2008-9.

This one was also proposed for DHS.

The DHS option would have been cool as the Flynn Arcade building would have made sense as an entrance to the attraction. Guests would enter through the arcade building by walking through Flynn's with the 80's music going and the arcade games in their demo modes, all non-playable props out of reach of the line. The TRON arcade machine would be moved with the door open to his lab where Sam presents the pre-show as if he's communicating from the Grid, you get "transported" to the grid through some high tech room changing effects. Walk through some grid space into the pre-game room with Gem getting you ready for the Discs game, but the video instruction is essentially hijacked by Clu who sends you to the Lightcycles to "end the game".

You're fortunate to hear the real Disney inside stories of what could have been. But somehow I doubt, the push to create a real TRON-like experience such as the above arm-chair-imagineering, ever came up. (Thanks for all your great posts BTW.)

Mike S

So management actually thought about this for a minute and instead of adding another ride to a park that's in need of more capacity they decided to put it in a park that's too overcrowded?
Yes, and then they decided to put the ride in the park that is overcrowded.
Come off it.

Magic Kingdom hasn't had a new E Ticket in 20+ years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom