Tripod For Pyro

Jwhee

Original Poster
Hello, I was thinking about getting to DHS at around 8 and getting a good spot in the middle of Hollywoob Blvd to set up a tripod and film the Frozen fireworks. Is this frowned upon?

donsullivan

Premium Member
Hello, I was thinking about getting to DHS at around 8 and getting a good spot in the middle of Hollywoob Blvd to set up a tripod and film the Frozen fireworks. Is this frowned upon?

As long as you are comfortable with keeping a hand on the tripod to protect if from bumping with the mass of people around you, you'll be just fine. I saw people camped out right in the middle of Hollywood Blvd 2 hours before the smoked-out premier show on Saturday. The closer you get to the Hat stage, the denser the crowds will be and the more 'pop-up-kids' and iPad's will rise up in front of you as soon as they start.

Also, be aware that there is a large LED screen over the fountain at Hollywood & Sunset that will light up your screen if you are back behind it. The further back you are on Hollywood Blvd, the less dense the crowd will be

Miketic

Yup, I too attempted it on Hollywood Boulevard on Sunday and on Monday, I tried in front of the Indiana Jones Show and had a better view with no crowds and audio were playing back there.

Jwhee

Original Poster
Thanks for all the responses, I shot Symphony in The Stars a little directly next to where the new star bucks is going (but in the center of the road) Maybe if i go back further i can get a good shot and the light from the screen wont be as noticeable.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Here is a shot I got last year at the May the Fourth fireworks show from just about the same location you're describing. Note that the lights are off on the buildings during the fireworks- I had to photograph the buildings after the lights came back up and then layer them back in with Photoshop.

May the fourth be with you by Don Sullivan, on Flickr

If you look at the framing here, the screen is just to the left of the second palm tree from the right. It is really big and really bright. if you're good with photoshop you can likely get a quick frame of Olaf or something similar on the screen and then mask that into your shot of the fireworks later. That's one way you could use the screen to your advantage in the shot.

Jwhee

Original Poster
that shot is amazing! Good tip, I think that my photo shop skills are good enough for that

ciscobee

I vote using a Joby on a light post up high with a remote shutter :)

dadddio

.......Doesnt mean I have to like it. And there's nothing acceptable with turning the saturation to "nuked."

Its cartoonish. I cannot stand it.
Did I miss the memo that elevated you to King over what everyone else likes?

The guy who took the pic likes it. That's good enough. Other people like it, also. That's a bonus. The mere fact that you don't like it means absolutely nothing.

ddbowdoin

This is untouched...

9119316115_b34eb0d676_b.jpg

This, only in BW because like you said Dave... a lot of the over saturated images

9125970290_31e12dcf3f_b.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom