Trip Report/Update 8/14/03-8/18-03

Well, I am back, and I am going to summarize major points, please feel free to ask questions. What a blast, though, this place is simply the best!

-Mission:Space- This is simply amazing. I was in fuge Blue. I loved it, just loved it. Theming is wild!!! Ride vehicles wonderfully detailed. Some guy in my seat left his Verizon phone and wallet in the storage rack, so turned it in. Must have loved it so much, ran in line again to ride again! The interactiuon was great, force feedback in the joystick was good. Blast off made my contacts move!

-E-Ride- This was not great, I was disappointed. My fiance and I can do more E-rides in the morning and at park closing than we did on 8/15. We managed 7 rides total, in 3 hours. Thats running from the exit back to the quene. Also, there was a very unhappy cast member on Splash Mountain, guess he was working late and was not happy. Oh well!

-While on E-Ride topic, lets talk transportation. First I made sure with the Grosvenor Resort that there would be a bus there, and they said it would run till 2am. We left at 12:45 am exactly, and there was only one mother with daughter at the stop. Now I have never had a problem with bus service at the Grosvenor. Always every 20 minutes. Now the sign says every 20 minutes during normal park operating hours. I do not consider E-Ride normal park hours. Well, the bus came at 1 am and the mother went directly to the bus driver in his face and spent 5 minutes yelling in his face for not coming every 15 minutes (guess she could not read the sign) My fiance and I got sick of her doing this (her son was covering his face) and told her not to yell at him, its not his fault and to direct it toward someone who can help her. He called his manager, she yelled at him for 2 minutes and slammed the phone on him. He was there like promised, but even if he was not you dont get in people's faces at 1 am and hold up others. Really ruined that night.

-Well, one last incidence, than more good stuff, I promise. 8/15 at MGM's opening. I heard about RnRC problems, but never had difficulty with it before. Well at the opening, both RnRC and Tower of Terror were not operating, due to technical difficulties! I imagine it was a power problem since they were both down (or one heck of a coincidence!) They opened like 30 minutes later. Interesting to note, thereafter for one hour, TOT on operated with one shaft while the other was being dropped without passengers and the doors would not close. The car would go up and down and the doors just stayed open. An hour later, they closed and the shaft opened. Went back to MGM, and RnRC closed on 8/17 for about 20 minutes! I love this ride, but hope problems can be fixed!- Ok, good stuff!

-Epcot Reflections of Earth is amazing. Awesome!

-Many cast members bent over backwards to make our stay wonderful. Many new employees were being trained as well. Can anybody explain the process of rotating employees at attractions. If I saw correctly, a Splash Mountain employee came up to the greeter of the ride with a receipt paper that had new job assignments. Can someone explain who assigns the roles and how often they are changed?!

-Pins are a huge things. Every year I go, more and more people have more and more pins. I bought 6, lots of nice ones!

-Everest is very busy. Lost of work and cant wait to see what this does to AK. Do you think park hours will be extended to night? The Tree of Life post card looks beautiful at night!!

-Discovery boats at AK look freshly painted and were at the docks! Maybe being used sometime soon.

-About 200 people waited in line to get an opening day Mission:Space pin. I....was not one of them. LE of 1000.

-Lots of characters around, especially unique ones.

Thats all I can think of now. Let me know if you have questions or can answer mine!

MonorailBlack

Original Poster
Thank you Dolphin. I am glad we were not the only one either! There had to be a lot of people there that night. It was unique to see the park rather deserted!

Thanks for sharing your trip report. Wow I didnt know why so many people were at that pin station. I saw a guy literally run off the monorail with us and I saw he was already carrying 2 huge black bags which I know contained pins, Now I know what his mission was! He looked like he was very into the hobby.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom