Trip Report 6/29- 7/4

I am back from Walt Disney World and stayed at the Contemporary for the first time. We usually stay off resort but now I think we are spoiled and probably will start staying on WDW property for now pretty much.

Sunday 6/29

We woke up early and starting driving and driving and driving to Disney World. We finally got there about 2 or 3 and went to see if our room was ready. It was cool driving to the Contemporary and seeing it as we got closer. We went in to check in and our garden wing room was ready. We send them a request for room and got some of it and one of the main things we wanted was a water view and got it. We had one of the nicest, we thought, room in the garden wings. The only thing it was kind of far away from were all the main stuff but not that far. Our room had two windows. One with a patio and window right near the lake and the other one was a view of the monorail. It was nice. When we saw our room, we went and looked around the Contemporary. We decided to go to Downtown Disney to eat and stuff and ate at the Rainforest Cafe and looked around at the shops and saw the new Basin store and Once Upon a Toy store for the first time and there is another new store but didnt know it was until I looked at it on the map and it is called Disney's Wonderful World of Memories. Then we went back to the hotel and rested. Then we went out cuz I wanted to see the Grand Floridian and took the monorail there. After we saw and looked around the GF then some people wanted to go see the Polynesian so we rode the monorail all around again to the Poly. and then we rode it back to the Contemporary so we went around and around and around. Then finally we went to the arcade and up to the top of the Contemporary and went out on the area you could look out. We had a pretty busy day. We watched tv and the Disney World Channel and got ready for the next day.

I will do the rest later when I have time. There's alot more to come and updates...

disneydisney

Original Poster
Monday 6/30

Today we woke up early for early entry, the first time we ever did it. It was AK early entry day so we went there. We headed straight back to the Safari and did the animal trail in Africa it is not coming to me right now but i will remember it someday. Then we went to Lion King Show which was absolutely amazing and went to Dinoland and did Primival Whirl and Dinosaur. Dinosaur was really fun. Then we did the did Bug's Life show and then Kali River Rapids which we waited like 70 or 75 minutes for and once we got off the ride we saw it was 80 or 85 minutes. Its crazy. Then we had to go to Casting and I saw a guy there in a Mission: Space uniform or and I thought that it would be kind of weird that he would be wearing a M:S uniform for fun of itso we thought that maybe they might be testing M:S. We had dinner and went back to the hotel and took the monorail to EPCOT and they were testing it so we got to ride it. It was awesome really awesome. The gravity wheel was hugmous and I saw the Horizon symbol in the center of it. It was great. Then we were pretty tired so we headed back to the hotel for rest.

Tuesday 7/1

It was MGM early entry so we woke up early again and went down to the bus stop and took the bus to MGM. The buses can hold alot more people than you think. Alot of times we didnt think we could get on the bus and we got on its weird how everyone fits. Once we got to MGM we went to TOT and RNRC.
The sad thing was there was a rude lady that got pretty mad at the cast member for telling her to stand behind them while walking to the TOT and RNRC and she told they cast member to chill out and stuff. It was bad but thats alright. We did GMR and Little Mermaid and Millionaire and Star Tours and Backlot Tour. I really like the new route we took on our Backlot Tour. It seemed more like behind the scenes and we went through the area of New York and were the stunt show was going to be and the guy told us they were doing repair on one of the NY building HA. Also went around the Resident Street. Then we did Muppets and Indiana Jones which I could watch Indy show over and over and over. And Fantasmic. In Fantasmic before the show, we did the wave and then we did a slow motion wave and they a really fast motion wave, it was great. It was a great day.

I wish i would have brought the camera there are alot of pictures I could have taken to show you all everything. Sorry about that. More to come and things you can see...

disneydisney

Original Poster
The sound on the GMR was alot better when we went and I liked the new line the tour guide or whatever say "I See Dead People". The painting and stuff is better and it seems to fit it into the top attraction catogory, to me, if that makes sense. I liked another part and i dont remember if it was in here before or not but it I think it was in the ganster scene and the car comes out and there a traffic light. I like what the ganster says and what he does about that traffic light. The line the first time was really long and the other lines werent that bad. We did it 3 times. The last two times they only ran 1 car cuz there were like a parade or something going on or not enough tour guide people or whatever. Its better when there is alot of people and 2 cars going at the same. I didnt think I would ever say that I like an attraction with more people instead of less people and less to wait. There alot of info for ya.

disneydawg

Thanks for the info disneydisney. As for Atlanta I've lived here my whole life with the exception of a few living east of Atlanta. Although you can probably tell where that is from my avatar.

disneydisney

Original Poster
Sorry for the Delay...

Disneydawg do u have an email or something maybe we could just talk.

...Back to the trip report...

Weds. 7/2

We didnt wake up as earlier as the other days but about 30 mintues later so we still got the early entry for EPCOT for 30 minutes and it was awesome just walking by all the people and entering the park. I would be jelous if I was not a resort guest. We went to Test track and did UOE and HISTA and stuff and decided to walk around WS and saw the people performing in the American Adventures singing. It was about Lunch time and it was burning hott at EPCOT. The hottest park of all the parks on our trip. We are fans of EPCOT but some reason EPCOT this time became alittle boring to us so that day so we decided to go relax at the room. We went back to the Contemp. and rented some mouseboats and those things are fast and amazing. I felt like I was in a action movie or something. We went over in them to the 7 seas lagoon and saw the MK from there it was really neat. Then we went back to the room and relax and made reservation at Hollywood and Vine cuz we wanted to go back to MGM. So we go to MGM and get fastpasses for TOT and RnRC. It worked out good cuz not everyone in our group like to ride fast rides so we got fastpasses to two attractions it was cool. We went and ate at Hollywood and Vine and went back to RnRC and TOT and hoping to not get sick right after we ate. But we didnt. We did GMR again and RnRC and TOT again during Fantasmic cuz we already saw it. That is a good time to ride the rides. The wait time drops. After that, it was late and we headed back to the Contemp. for the next and last day at disney world.

...one more to go i will try to get it on here alittle faster than this one...

disneydisney

Original Poster
Thrus. 7/3

We went to MK today for early entry and walked from the Contemp. to the MK. It was alot of fun just walking there. We got there just in time for the opening and went to Space Mountain and Buzz and Alien Encounter. Alien Encounter is one of my favorites. Then we went toward Splash mnt and BTMRR and it wasnt 9:00 yet so we had to stand there for a sec with all the people. Then we raced over to that area and splash mnt was closed at the time so we had to jump over into the long line that had already formed for BTMRR. We rode that went to Adventureland and did Tiki Room and POC. Then we ate and went to splash mountain and the wait wasnt too bad and got a fastpass for Jungle Cruise and ate at the El Pirata y El Perico or something and that place has excellente taco very good. Then we looked around the adventureland shops at the jungle stuff and things. I like that stuff. Then went back and it was time for our fastpasses. Then we went back to Haunted Mansion and Hall of Presidents and Small World and got fastpasses for peterpan and had some more ice cream mickey bars. Then we went back to tomorrowland and we to COP. Then looked around the shops on Main Street and decided once again to go back to MGM. Went to MGM and ate at ABC Comm. place for the 2nd time that place is real good also. We did GMR again for the 3rd time and RnRC and TOT and went back Contemp for the last day there.

It was one of the best trips we been on and it was great. We got to ride M:S and eat at some great new places.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom