Trip Report 2/10-2/14

First of all, I wanted to say thanks to POR for such a beautiful room and great location. Cast members were great! Thanks to mousekeeping for the cool "roses" created from washcloths. That was a special Valentine treat to return to see on your table. Very thoughtful!

The weather was beautiful when we arrived, but very chilly. We definitely did not pack correctly as I checked the official WDW website and it said the highs would be in the 70's. Not!!! I have never been to WDW and it be as cold as it was this visit. We hit MK on Friday so we would be in and out of buildings to keep warm. By Monday as we were leaving, the highs were back in the 70's.

Upon traveling through Tomorrowland, I was hit in the head by flying "debris" off the top of the DVC's booth. It was slimey, disgusting, and hit me pretty hard. My shirt was ruined with the splat of sludge that was all over a piece of shingle that had probably been loosened during the past hurricanes. I had to buy a new shirt and wash my hair in the bathroom next to Space Mountain. I am sure it was funny to some, but I do not think it was appropriate for the two useless cast members who were minding that booth who were laughing hysterically. It happened right in front of them and I did not even get an "are you ok?" which upset me more than actually getting hit because it is not what I expect from a cast member to not even be concerned. It is a good thing I was not hit harder and was bleeding all over the place.

The lines at the MK were extremely long on Friday. I have not waited those times for an attraction since I used to go in the summer. Space Mountain and PoTC were both 65 minute waits. Those cheerleaders traveled in such large packs that they would take up entire rides by themselves. Most were rudely cutting in line, shouting to each other and singing above attraction spiels...kind of ruined it after waiting so long to ride PoTC to hear a large group of cheerleaders singing Journey songs throughout the ride.

SGE was not worth the 45 minute wait. I really expected something a little better than it was. I still cannot figure out who they were targeting. It was too dumb for adults and too scary for small kids. I was really disappointed in the hype.

Epcot was great. There were not many cheerleaders over there, so the lines were normal for this time of year. Rose and Crown did an awesome job with lunch. It was very sad to see The Land in its state. I felt weird not being able to go in there, but I cannot wait until Soarin opens.

DTD had a water main break on Sunday night, so they were running people out of Wolfgang's and Bongo's. The streets were beginning to flood bad on the West Side. Security would not even let you stroll along the water and enjoy the night because they were blocking it off for the water issues.

The new Magic Your Way tickets seemed to cause nothing but confusion. At the hotel, guest services in the lobby was backed up with people who had questions about their tickets. Guest services at MK was packed with people exchanging tickets because they bought the wrong one for what they needed. The biometrics system was slooowwwww causing the lines to back up quite a bit. In fact, the lines to enter were longer than the lines to search bags which I have never seen reversed like that. People would get to the point to insert their ticket and the ticket would not be any good meaning they were hopping but did not have the option and some were using expired tickets.

All in all, I loved being back at WDW for my "fix". I do, however, think the Magic Your Way system needs to be tweaked so that it is less confusing for guests. There were many foreign guests who especially could not figure out what they were needing to buy. I felt really sorry for them.

Next time, though...I am not going anywhere near Disney when those cheerleaders are attending. They walked in packs, ran you over faster than a stressed mom with a stroller, and acted like they were the only ones in the park.

wannab@dis

hate to hear that you had such a rough trip. I probably would have asked to speak to a manager about the "flying object". The least they could do is replace the shirt (with a warm sweatshirt, of course)!! :)

Gucci65

Next big cheerleading competition will be the weekend of March 12th.
Beware.

Glad to hear you had a good trip, sorry about the slime that ruined your shirt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom