Trip Report Trip report - 12/6 -12/13. Cabins FW etc etc

Well I know it's a day early but had to come back with a sick child. Our family goes every second week of December. This year we stayed at the Cabins at Ft. Wilderness.. .. Very cozy and peaceful and a lot of things for children to do. The inter resort bus system was not hard to figure out and we never waited more than 5 minutes. However - we did have a golf cart as well (highly recommended). The boats were never late coming back and forth to MK . There is a dedicated ferry to MK but every once in a while u may stop at WL. Overall the magic bands worked better than expected - very convenient as a payment method fastpass and room key. Only wish they would tier the number of fastpasses to how much u spend on a resort etc etc. but overall I don't think we ever waited more thAn 15 minutes to ride anything and the crowds were the biggest I've ever seen for this time of Devember. Only complaint about MK were that people were smoking outside designated areas a number of times. This drives me nuts. Should be policed more!!! I would admit that there seemed to be a slight drop in the service and attitudes of cast members. I was actually told by one guy working a kiosk that he "lost the magic months ago". We do get a deluxe meal plan so we tried to eat at some different places. Best breakfast - tie between O'hana and Whispering Canyon. Best server - Chaidan at O'hana - Rob at Le Cellier was runner up. Best dinner - tie between Le Cellier and Yachtsman ......we have eaten at California Grill every year - USED to be our favorite . The last 2 years we have had the worst waitresses with Outback attitudes. This year one actually said " is everyone happy now " like we were at a freakin Sizzler. We will never eat there again - most overrated food and service in all of Disney. Also - I noticed that they took down the "Where Dreams Come True" on the wall entering MK. We were told that they wanted to be more like Disneyland and that it was only a theme from the Disneyland 50 year anniversary. Told the lady that it was iconic and that we look forward to seeing it and thAt WDW should want to be set apart. Also noticed that the characters were never on the train at opening. At least not the 3 days we got up early to be there at the opening. Kids look forward to seeing them. And I hate the Starbucks Corporate symbol on Main Street or anywhere else !! That's sacred ground - no corporate symbols should be anywhere here. 7 dwarfs mine train was smooth but no leg room for adults and ride is very short. Lastly - WDW really needs to think about bringing back the Drum and Fife Corps to Anerica in Epcot. People loved them. There is currently a Kwanza storyteller and singer there .. that Should be over by the African artifacts ..... We will head back next Decemeber - planning on WL or Poly - was very disappointed that the water feature is gone in poly lobby. can't believe they blocked 80% of the beach view from the Poly to the fireworks in MK with those bungalows. They absolutely are in the way of the view. Thats pretty much it ....

Captain Jack Sparrow

Original Poster
Well I know it's a day early but had to come back with a sick child. Our family goes every second week of December. This year we stayed at the Cabins at Ft. Wilderness.. .. Very cozy and peaceful and a lot of things for children to do. The inter resort bus system was not hard to figure out and we never waited more than 5 minutes. However - we did have a golf cart as well (highly recommended). The boats were never late coming back and forth to MK . There is a dedicated ferry to MK but every once in a while u may stop at WL. Overall the magic bands worked better than expected - very convenient as a payment method fastpass and room key. Only wish they would tier the number of fastpasses to how much u spend on a resort etc etc. but overall I don't think we ever waited more thAn 15 minutes to ride anything and the crowds were the biggest I've ever seen for this time of Devember. Only complaint about MK were that people were smoking outside designated areas a number of times. This drives me nuts. Should be policed more!!! I would admit that there seemed to be a slight drop in the service and attitudes of cast members. I was actually told by one guy working a kiosk that he "lost the magic months ago". We do get a deluxe meal plan so we tried to eat at some different places. Best breakfast - tie between O'hana and Whispering Canyon. Best server - Chaidan at O'hana - Rob at Le Cellier was runner up. Best dinner - tie between Le Cellier and Yachtsman ......we have eaten at California Grill every year - USED to be our favorite . The last 2 years we have had the worst waitresses with Outback attitudes. This year one actually said " is everyone happy now " like we were at a freakin Sizzler. We will never eat there again - most overrated food and service in all of Disney. Also - I noticed that they took down the "Where Dreams Come True" on the wall entering MK. We were told that they wanted to be more like Disneyland and that it was only a theme from the Disneyland 50 year anniversary. Told the lady that it was iconic and that we look forward to seeing it and thAt WDW should want to be set apart. Also noticed that the characters were never on the train at opening. At least not the 3 days we got up early to be there at the opening. Kids look forward to seeing them. And I hate the Starbucks Corporate symbol on Main Street or anywhere else !! That's sacred ground - no corporate symbols should be anywhere here. 7 dwarfs mine train was smooth but no leg room for adults and ride is very short. Lastly - WDW really needs to think about bringing back the Drum and Fife Corps to Anerica in Epcot. People loved them. There is currently a Kwanza storyteller and singer there .. that Should be over by the African artifacts ..... We will head back next Decemeber - planning on WL or Poly - was very disappointed that the water feature is gone in poly lobby. can't believe they blocked 80% of the beach view from the Poly to the fireworks in MK with those bungalows. They absolutely are in the way of the view. Thats pretty much it ....

Addition - ate at Flying Fish tonight at The Boardwalk .... Wow ! Steak was actually better than Le Cellier and the Yachtsman ...

hull327

Just got back myself from the 9th - 14th. Crowds were definitely much larger than I anticipated. Every crowd calendar I found said this week was traditionally slow but it was very busy, especially MK. I'm not sure if we were trying to ride different rides but I could only get onto (without a FP) Seven Dwarves, Space Mountain, Test Track, Soarin', ToT, RnRC and Expedition Everest in less than 15 minutes was when I raced to these rides when the park first opened. After 10AM Seven Dwarves had a 90 minute wait every time we checked it. All the other rides after 10AM always had 40 - 75 minute waits.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Original Poster
Just got back myself from the 9th - 14th. Crowds were definitely much larger than I anticipated. Every crowd calendar I found said this week was traditionally slow but it was very busy, especially MK. I'm not sure if we were trying to ride different rides but I could only get onto (without a FP) Seven Dwarves, Space Mountain, Test Track, Soarin', ToT, RnRC and Expedition Everest in less than 15 minutes was when I raced to these rides when the park first opened. After 10AM Seven Dwarves had a 90 minute wait every time we checked it. All the other rides after 10AM always had 40 - 75 minute waits.

yes - we only rode the 7dwarfs MT w/ Fastpass - was way too long to wait. Ride was so short - seemd like it was only 20-30 seconds ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom