Trip Report (10/14-17) Stitch, Animation, F&W, MNSSHP

We just got back last night from a quickie trip to Walt Disney World. It was short, but packed with fun. We arrived on Thursday morning and checked in at the Boardwalk Inn. The cast member made sure to find us a great room with a view of the Epcot fireworks. It also was a larger room than the others we have stayed in at the Boardwalk (5272). We put our luggage into storage, as our room wasn’t ready yet and headed over to Epcot. We had a great lunch at the Biergarten in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Germany</st1:place></st1:country-region>. This place is great and doesn’t get enough attention. It has great atmosphere and our server Brigit was awesome. After eating too much, we explored a little. The Food & Wine fest was very fun. We tried some great cheese, peanut butter syrup and smelled some great evergreen. After spending a few hours exploring the exhibits we headed back to check into our room. After a quick nap we changed our clothes and headed over to the <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Magic</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Kingdom</st1:placeType></st1:place> for MNSSHP. We donned out pirate hats & Halloween themed t-shirts and grabbed our wristbands. We got there around 5 and were able to get in a few rides before the party (POTC, Space Mtn, etc). At 6 we headed over to Tomorrowland and got our picture taken. Then we noticed something happening at Stitch’s Great Escape. Upon investigation we found they were doing some testing. We talked our way in and got a chance to try the ride. We enjoyed it, although we still have a fondness for Alien Encounter. Clearly this ride is more geared to the young ones, and for them it will be perfect once the kinks are worked out. The CM’s were most interested in the reactions of the 10 and under set, so it seems my theory is correct. By then it was 7 so we started trick or treating. We stayed ahead of the pack and got lots of good candy as well as great opportunities to get our picture taken with rare groups of characters. My favorites were Cinderella and The Prince in front of the carriage and Snow White & ALL 7 Dwarves. We watched Cinderella’s Surprise Celebration at 8:50 and it was great to see with all the lighting effects, rather than during the day. Then we saw the fireworks, which were a let down at first, but once the Halloween theming started they were amazing and well worth the set-up. The parade was a real treat; my favorite parts were the hitchhiking ghosts and the <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Haunted</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Mansion</st1:placeType></st1:place> dancers. Mainstreet Lighting was very cool, as were all the Halloween decorations. All in all, a great night. We had breakfast at Cape May Café (cute, cute, cute) and then headed back to Epcot. After exploring FW for the morning (Figment was completely empty, not one person), we started our journey around WS after a brief rain. WE tried all kinds of good food. Favorites were the Banfi Rosa Champagne, Crab cake, escargot and lobster bisque. We then headed over to MGM where the crowd was very big! After a longer than quoted wait for Rock n Roll Roller Coaster, we headed over to Fantasmic for the 6<SUP>th</SUP> Anniversary show. Great seats, better-than-ever show!!!! Still amazing and always exciting. We walked back to the Boardwalk (our favorite transportation from MGM) and headed to a great dinner at The Flying Fish Café. Next morning we finished up MGM although we found very little open before 10:30. The Great Movie Ride was closed most of the day and since we had already done Rock n Roll, we had very few options; we hit ToT and then went to Millionaire. We got to see someone win the Million which was so fun! The crowd went wild. We then went to see the Passholder Preview of The Animation walk thru. It was cute, although the theming of the <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">California</st1:place></st1:State> version is really amazing in comparison. We got to see the Incredibles, great costumes. We then headed over to Epcot and saw the first performance of Taylor Dayne. So wonderful. The crowd was a bit dead and so she didn’t do an encore, but she was still better than ever. Then we went for dinner at Chefs De France. Excellent food and service. We then caught Illuminations from the bridge between <st1:country-region w:st="on">France</st1:country-region> & <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">England</st1:place></st1:country-region>, still fabulous. The last day we spent breakfast at 1900 Park Fare (not my favorite, but ok.) and then went to Downtown Disney. Lots of shopping and a short trip to see <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Saratoga Springs</st1:place></st1:City> later, we headed back to the Boardwalk and to the airport. All in all, a great time. Disney never fails to please me.

M. Racer

:mad: What was the reply above all about? Anyway thanks so much for your report. Sounds like you had a great visit and accomplished alot in a short time. Makes me want to go now.

TheDisneyGirl02

I was there the exact same days you were there...short but enjoyable trip.

I missed Cindy and the Prince and SW and the Dwarfs! I'm upset! Oh well! Had a blast at the party and I loved the fireworks and parade. The Haunted Mansion dancers with the shovels were the best! Great effect!

TheDisneyGirl02

wannabeBelle

Well I dont understand what that one offensive post was about..but as his account is suspended I guess the Moderators took a rather dim view of that as well!!! Thanks!!!
As far as your trip report, it sounds awesome!!! I Am glad you had a good time and enjoyed yourself!!! That is what it is all about!!!!!! I got smart this time and didnt book any dining for the day I plan to do the F &W fest. I plan on noshing my way around the World!!!! Lazst year I had booked dinner and it was just too much for me. Now I know better!!!!!!! Belle

barnum42

Looks like you had a fun time.

If I may make one suggestion – paragraphs.

I think a lot of people will miss out on reading the report when they see one huge block of text – it makes reading it tricky. Spacing it out into a number of separate paragraphs should result in more people enjoying it. :wave:

BIGUS DOGGUS

You know what, people don't post to be critiqued on their keyboarding skills. They post because they want to share cool stuff about Disney. So either read or don't.

Great sounding trip! I miss Disney.

barnum42

BIGUS DOGGUS said:
You know what, people don't post to be critiqued on their keyboarding skills. They post because they want to share cool stuff about Disney. So either read or don't.

Great sounding trip! I miss Disney.
I assume that rather rude quip was aimed at me.

I made a friendly suggestion, which in no way puts down bobandkevin's report. I read it, enjoyed it and would like others to do so, but I know people won't read it due to its being one long paragraph.

I come on here to see the shared cool stuff about Disney and if I can help along the way I will try. So either acknowledge the help in the honest friendly way it is offered or don’t

Actually, as I look at the original post in this frame whilst composing my reply I notice there is a lot of formatting code that is neither visible in the main post or has any effect on it’s appearance. It could be they had formatted it in another program and the board spat it all out (I know weird stuff happens in Word).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom