Tried Skipper Canteen, will skip it next time.

kverdon

Original Poster
We tried out the new Skipper Canteen today. We loved the atmosphere and decor and the "Skipper" waiters were very nice. Most were in Character, some with a bit of a Skipper spiel. Though we loved that experience we came there for lunch and this is where the experience fell flat. We started with the Baladi Salad that we shared. It was nice but at $9 for a basic salad a bit overpriced. My wife had the Mac and Cheese, without meat, and again it was ok but nothing special. I had the noodle bowl with duck and this was a HUGE disappointment. I eat Pho at least twice a week and this was not even in the same league as the worst I have had at home. First off was the size. For $23 I expect a good size bowl of soup. What I received would not even qualify as a "small" at any place I am used to. The next problem was the broth. It was just off putting to me. I think the problem is that they just created a generic broth that they plop whatever protein you order into. It just cannot compare to a regular chicken or beef broth that has been simmering for hours. In the end the food portion or quality did not justify the $74 price tag for lunch. We can get a yummier meal at Columbia Harbor House for about half that. Too bad, they have a killer opportunity here, they need to do something or this is going to go down as an Epic Fail. :-(

Kevin and Mona

mikeh

I agree that the price is way off. I actually liked the appetizers, but the entrees were overpriced for the amount of food received. I hope they can either get the portion or price right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom