Traveling weekend of October 7-9 (Columbus day)

evilzorac

Original Poster
This is my first new thread so bare with me but was curious if anyone knew of a special event for this weekend (10/7-10/9)? I am looking at hotels and the availability is practically nil both under Florida Res discounts and at rack rate. I haven't stayed on property for a while but this used to be a time when I could grab a room but not this year. I know Food & Wine is going on but it isn't the first week or anything so wondered if something else is happening that I am not aware of?
Thanks in advance for any information you have.

This is my first new thread so bare with me but was curious if anyone knew of a special event for this weekend (10/7-10/9)? I am looking at hotels and the availability is practically nil both under Florida Res discounts and at rack rate. I haven't stayed on property for a while but this used to be a time when I could grab a room but not this year. I know Food & Wine is going on but it isn't the first week or anything so wondered if something else is happening that I am not aware of?
Thanks in advance for any information you have.

I was checking for a room every weekend in October and they were all sold out (or only suites available). A similar thing happened to me last year. I really think this is all mostly because of the Food & Wine Festival. I live in Miami and I know everyone travels up to Epcot on the weekends during that time. I had to push my vacation to the beginning of December. Also, yes I believe Columbus day is October 9th so a lot of poeple have a long weekend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom