Travel to International Gateway prior to park opening

Scott Blind

Hello all,

We will be staying at the Grand Floridian next month and we have 7:45 AM reservations with Disney Event Photography for a World Showcase photo session. I know there are multiple options to get from the Grand Floridian to the International Gateway, my question is, which ones will be operating in time for me to get there by 7:45? As a last resort, I will get a cab if I have to, but I would rather use Disney transportation.

Here are some of the ideas I had:
1) Take a bus from GF to Hollywood Studios, the ride Friendship Boat to Epcot (I know there is a walking path, but do not want to work up a sweat before a photo shoot)
2) Ride monorail to TTC, then catch bus to Epcot resorts, walk to Epcot
3) Ride monorail to Magic Kingdom, then catch bus to Epcot resorts, walk to Epcot

'Officially' busses start 1 hour before park opening (that day MK and AK open at 8) - does that mean all busses to all locations? I read elsewhere that all busses start at 6:30, but they may not run as frequently.

Long story short (too late) what do you think would be the best way for me to get to my picture appointment?

Thanks!

HouCuseChickie

I know this is for a photo shoot, but I'm thinking you can take advantage of all of the early buses out there for character meals and early morning tours. We've had relatively good luck with early morning buses for character meals. You have to actually approach a bus driver and see if they can take you to that resort for "your meal," but we've never been turned down. Cape May at Beach Club starts seating at 7:30am and it's a fairly easy walk from Beach Club to the International Gateway...so this would probably be my prime method of getting there if not taking a cab.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom