Travel Date suggestions/opinions

JS514

Hello all,

My wife and I are currently planning our 2018 WDW trip. We have always gone mid-May (our anniversary). This year, we are looking into going 1/26-2/4. Not only is it cheaper, but it's cooler, and I have heard crowds are lower. We love going in May for traditions sake, and Flower & Garden at Epcot. The crowds arent just awful and the heat isnt the worst it ever is, but both are a little higher than we'd prefer.

Does anybody have experience with that time of year? I lived in Tampa for years, so I'm no stranger to Florida heat, and I know you can have warm spells in February. Are crowds low? I've checked RunDisney schedules and it doesnt look like there is marathon during that period.

I'd love to hear any opinions on those times and suggestions are always welcome!

LOVE that time of year in WDW. We went the last week in February and the parks were dead. We didn't but we could've easily walked into any sit-down restaurant if we wanted. We decided the day before we went (were in Florida scouting out our move from Texas) and had no problems making fp's...except for Soarin'. That was the only ride we waited almost an hour to ride.

Upvote 0

kaitertot5249

For the past two years I've gone in Jan-Feb and had a great time each time. The weather was perfect for both trips, when we went in January 2015 there were a few days that were "cold" by central FL standards - 55 degrees at night I would guess, but we also had a few days that were 75 and perfectly sunny with no humidity. Mid-February was a bit warmer and drier overall but both were just fine for us (anything is better than the New England winter in our book)!

One thing to consider is that since the crowd levels are lower this time of year, there tends to be more ride refurbs and general park maintenance scheduled. On the flip side, wait times are generally low and dining reservations are easy to schedule and change last minute.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom