Trattoria al Forno to replace Kouzzina by Cat Cora on Disney's BoardWalk

Hockey89

you clearly don't know good Italian food then lol no one said they can't make good food in Florida just that they can't make good Italian food and I've yet to find an a Italian restraunt in Florida that makes a sauce better than one you find in a bottle... travel to the north east and eat at Sally's or pepes in CT or il Mulino in NYC ... then you will know real Italian food
http://www.christinis.com/menu/
PS if you think Pepes is better than Christinis, you are not the food star you think you are.

Dvcden

they are ok but not even top 10 to me... sorry ... if anyone on the forum has had both il mulino and chrisinis then I would like to hear there opinion but if you haven't had both how can anyone truly have an opinion at all? and as far as the water that was told to me by chefs in Florida ... no one ever said Florida doesn't make good food ... just they can't make a good sauce and there Italian food sucks,... my opinion

Bocabear

They can't cook real Italian food because the water in Florida is loaded with sulphur ....no mater how you filter it you will never get the water right and water is a HUGE part of a good sauce...that being said Il Mulino in the swan isn't half bad! You should check it out, it's not as good as the Ny or lv Locations but for Florida is great
I make sauce the way my Grandmother and her mother did, generations...and I have never added water to the sauce... Actually my best friend is an executive chef and he has never heard adding water was a HUGE part of a good sauce... Good tomatoes and ingredients, YES!, but not the water...that is ridiculous.

Dvcden

I make sauce the way my Grandmother and her mother did, generations...and I have never added water to the sauce... Actually my best friend is an executive chef and he has never heard adding water was a HUGE part of a good sauce... Good tomatoes and ingredients, YES!, but not the water...that is ridiculous.

have you ever eaten at il mulino in NY?

Hockey89

they are ok but not even top 10 to me... sorry ... if anyone on the forum has had both il mulino and chrisinis then I would like to hear there opinion but if you haven't had both how can anyone truly have an opinion at all? and as far as the water that was told to me by chefs in Florida ... no one ever said Florida doesn't make good food ... just they can't make a good sauce and there Italian food sucks,... my opinion
I have.... Ive been to Per se, French Laudry, 11 Madision as well.... Trust me when I say you are clueless , I'm being kind

Dvcden

Yes, I Have.... I have also been to Pepes since I went to college in New Haven.... Clueless...Pizza joint is great italian now lol... Dude, give it up...

buddy you have your opinion and I have mine.... me and most people in the know think pizza wise new haven style pizza in the best and Italian restraunt wise il mulino ranks top 5 aswell ... why are you so angry over this? lol are you a Italian chef in disney? lol

Bocabear

Are we talking about Pizza places or good Italian food? LOL they are not necessarily the same thing.
Well... I guess we can just hope that whoever the executive chef for Tony's Town Square is, will not be the executive chef for this new restaurant on the boardwalk...

Dvcden

Are we talking about Pizza places or good Italian food? LOL they are not necessarily the same thing.
Well... I guess we can just hope that whoever the executive chef for Tony's Town Square is, will not be the executive chef for this new restaurant on the boardwalk...
lol you are right... I think Italian food to me gets divided into fine dining and pizza .... pizza wise to me (personel preference) new haven pizza is the best and most polls and magazines at least put it top 5.. but sit down and eat or "fine dining" il mulino in NYC is #1 in my book. I've ate at raos in NY Which is by far the hardest place to get a seat (you literally have to bribe someone) and I thought it sucked. and even if you don't have to use water in your sauce (which is crazy to me but there's more than 1 way to skin a cat) you do have to boil the pasta in that Florida water and you can denie the water taste funny? no?

Bocabear

The water that has gone through most Florida Water filtration plants is generally not bad. They have made great strides over the decades in water treatment and filtration... Back in the 70s, there was a distinct sulfur odor to the water that is absent now...and the restaurants at WDW do not use sulfurous well water to do their cooking.
The faint trace of any flavor to the water should not make or break a pasta dish... really. A decent chef should be able to work with that...

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
you clearly don't know good Italian food then lol no one said they can't make good food in Florida just that they can't make good Italian food and I've yet to find an a Italian restraunt in Florida that makes a sauce better than one you find in a bottle... travel to the north east and eat at Sally's or pepes in CT or il Mulino in NYC ... then you will know real Italian food

Hmpf.

So you are saying the renown food critics (see awards http://www.christinis.com/awards/) are wrong about http://www.christinis.com/pasta-seafood/ and the sauces at this establishment is not better than those one can find in a bottle?

or that Christinis Ristorante Italiano is not an Italian restaurant?

I clearly know Tony's in WDW is awful to my palette and I dine at an Italian venue that I do enjoy in Orlando that is highly recommended by the best of critics. Not sure how you qualify yourself above known food critics that you can clearly state I don't know good Italian food. These critics also have awarded Victoria and Albert's similar awards, is that venue not good in your mind too?

Hockey89

don't know what your point is here... none of those are Italian restraunts?
You brought up pepes for a nice Italian place to eat...It's a pizza joint and at the end of the day it is still pizza. You have no clue what you are talking about...Give it up please....It's embarassing...

Dvcden

Hmpf.

So you are saying the renown food critics (see awards http://www.christinis.com/awards/) are wrong about http://www.christinis.com/pasta-seafood/ and the sauces at this establishment is not better than those one can find in a bottle?

or that Christinis Ristorante Italiano is not an Italian restaurant?

I clearly know Tony's in WDW is awful to my palette and I dine at an Italian venue that I do enjoy in Orlando that is highly recommended by the best of critics. Not sure how you qualify yourself above known food critics that you can clearly state I don't know good Italian food. These critics also have awarded Victoria and Albert's similar awards, is that venue not good in your mind too?

ok lets break this down...

1st off I never said all food in Florida stinks....just all the Italian food! .I love ravenous pig, Victoria and Alberts (especially the chefs table which we will be at again next month), California grill and many many more

2nd "in my opinion" il mulino is the best BUT even with that being said NO ITALIAN RESTRAUNT IN ALL OF FLORIDA RANK IN THE TOP 20! NOT 1

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/09/10/americas-20-best-italian-restaurants/

https://travel.yahoo.com/ideas/amer...2h1ajk3BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDOARjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--

http://www.mademan.com/mm/10-best-italian-restaurants-america.html

http://www.thedailymeal.com/america-s-20-best-italian-restaurants-slideshow

so everyone may not agree with me or on who's number 1 they do ALL agree Florida Italian food isn't even on the map! not one stinkin restaurant I mean even Frank Pepe pizza in New haven made the list and they only serve salad and Pizza!

3rd yes I think Christinis is garbage (my personal opinion)...I ate there once and have had better sauce in a bottle...there I said it :D I am entitled believe it or not to have an opinion.

4th I have no clue why everyone is so offended by this... so what Florida has no good Italian restaurants you have so many other great things ...what you want it all? ;)

5th no more ranting about this ...if you disagree and you think Florida is the Italian restaurant meca of the world then great...good for you. But EVERY CRITIC SITE doesn't have 1 Florida restaurant on there for Italian food :devilish:

6th I was told it was the water and I assume that's why they offer you bottled water at every fine dining restaurant but if you love the water there too well then we should just agree to disagree ...

sorry for the rant...didn't think Florida Italian resteraunts were such a touchy subject :eek:

ABQ

So, hopefully they don't make a spelling error on the actual signage as they appear to have made on the permit itself. Assuming the name really is Trattoria al forno, not al forNON as it is written on the permit.

fpataf071514-613x362.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So, hopefully they don't make a spelling error on the actual signage as they appear to have made on the permit itself. Assuming the name really is Trattoria al forno, not al forNON as it is written on the permit.

fpataf071514-613x362.jpg

Typos on the permits are VERY common.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom