Trattoria al Forno to replace Kouzzina by Cat Cora on Disney's BoardWalk

GrammieBee

Oh, goody, just what we need, another Italian restaurant.. Seriously, with The Flying Fish being an upscale and expensive restaurant they probably figured this would be a good choice for families with children. At least it's better than fast food.

We liked Kozzinas because the menu was not run of the mill, same as everywhere else.

Last edited:

Skippy's Pal

Disney stick with the theme of a hotel. Crazy.

A lot of Portuguese, Irish and French in New England and yet no restaurants in the Yacht and Beach Club. Not saying that they would work, just saying that Disney doesn't stick with the themes sometimes.

Well, speaking as a New Englander of Irish/French extraction, I don't think any of "my people" would have found themselves in the grand seaside resorts back in the day that Yacht and Beach are modeled after. Too expensive, not very welcome, likely filled with Yankee swells.

GrammieBee

Upon giving it more thought, hamburgers, fries, chicken fingers and hotdogs is not a bad idea. Every boardwalk we have been to has at least one place that sells them, even Disney's Boardwalk. Not very healthy, but familiar and tasty.

Last edited:

Bocabear

Having grown up at the Jersey Shore not far from Atlantic City I keep scratching my head as to what would really fit the theme... Of course the boardwalks are rife with Pizza, hot Dogs, Sausage sandwiches and the like...and Seafood.
not sure what was on the boardwalk in 1940 however, but I am quite sure it was not Neapolitan food...
The most popular restaurants I remember when I was a kid were Seafood Restaurants and Pancake Houses.... they already have Flying Fish, and I cant see them having any sort of a pancake house.
A moderately priced Seafood house would be cool...but I doubt very much they want anything moderately priced at the boardwalk.

seahawk7

Having grown up at the Jersey Shore not far from Atlantic City I keep scratching my head as to what would really fit the theme... Of course the boardwalks are rife with Pizza, hot Dogs, Sausage sandwiches and the like...and Seafood.
not sure what was on the boardwalk in 1940 however, but I am quite sure it was not Neapolitan food...
The most popular restaurants I remember when I was a kid were Seafood Restaurants and Pancake Houses.... they already have Flying Fish, and I cant see them having any sort of a pancake house.
A moderately priced Seafood house would be cool...but I doubt very much they want anything moderately priced at the boardwalk.
I think a pancake house is a yummy idea. I know it would never happen, but I think a lot of people would like to be able to have breakfast all day long. I don't think there is currently an all day long breakfast spot in WDW. Maybe profit margin too low?

Bocabear

yes probably to low a price point for them to consider...like a diner.
A nice general restaurant would be nice though...Kona is not really a themed style of food nor is the Grand Floridian Cafe... Just a place that is nice to go in and have a nice meal...I don't necessarily think it needs to be an ethnic food. Just a lovely restaurant themed to the Grand Resorts of the Jersey Shore... Simple. And there is nothing like that in the area... except for over at the Swalphin...

ABQ

Has there been any info on whether or not this new restaurant will offer breakfast? Boardwalk bakery is nice, but sometimes you just need more than muffins and bagels. Walking to the Beach Club is a lame solution for an entire hotel and DVC populace.

seahawk7

Has there been any info on whether or not this new restaurant will offer breakfast? Boardwalk bakery is nice, but sometimes you just need more than muffins and bagels. Walking to the Beach Club is a lame solution for an entire hotel and DVC populace.
I agree completely. And I believe it was you @ABQ who said that a deluxe resort needs to have more breakfast options for their guests and Boardwalk is deficient here.

willtravel

I think @GymLeaderPhil said that breakfast will resume once new restaurant opens.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
The lack of decent hot breakfast options is my only real complaint with the BWI. We ate at the bakery most of the time, limited to mostly a muffin/pastry and coffee or orange juice which was disappointing at first but it was very nice to sit on the boardwalk early in the morning as the sun came up before the resort came to life, it was surreal and a truly unique experience that made up for the lack of real breakfast food a bit more palatable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom