Trattoria al Forno to replace Kouzzina by Cat Cora on Disney's BoardWalk

dreamfinder

Doesn't the pizza window share the kitchen with this restaurant space? If so, they may have had something to do with them sticking with the Italian theme to keep the pizza on the menu.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Doesn't the pizza window share the kitchen with this restaurant space? If so, they may have had something to do with them sticking with the Italian theme to keep the pizza on the menu.
I dont think it does. I believe that window has always been operated by Disney, and Kouzzina was not. Not certain however.

wdwgreek

I liked Kouzzina a lot, it was unique and Greek like myself. I would be okay if it was replaced with a general Mediterranean themed restraint, rather then Greek fusion, it was have a broader appeal. But by trying another Italian sit down, we are loosing diversity in our food palate. This is the fourth? fifth Italian place on property now? yea five, if you count Mama Rosa's.

baymenxpac

They should have put in a Portillo's. Yummy beef sandwiches and Chicago dogs with cheese fries. I bet that place would be packed all the time. It would definitely bring in the families.

except the boardwalk is themed to mimic turn-of-the-century atlantic city, so a chicago-themed eatery wouldn't make a ton of sense. not that that's stopped disney before with its odd thematic choices.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
If Disney make it a great restaurant, very few will care what cuisine it is. We'll see come December how that turns out.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Lets be honest whatever Disney puts in there within months it will feature a homogenised safe menu, catering for free diners more familiar with Dennys.

Admiral01

Premium Member
Sounds like a good concept for there, I walked past Kouzzina when I was down last year and looked at the menu didn't really look all that interesting, I had dined at Spoodles years ago and really don't even remember what I had or how the food was, this sounds like a safe bet as far as food goes, I honestly wish they would do something with Tony's Town Square as well since that food is ummmm, pretty blah

It actually was quite good. We dined at Kouzzina 5 or 6 times over the last few years, and enjoyed it each time. The whole fish was great. The orzo and chicken was spectacular.

Tomi-Rocket

I will say this, I love Italian food, it's my favorite by far, however, I was disappointed to see what has been chosen to replace Kouzzina. Disney already has plenty of Italian restaurants.

righttrack

I always thought that Kouzzina filled a gap that needed to be filled (similar with Spoodles). I think the problem with the restaurant in general is the location. As the main restaurant for Boardwalk Inn and Villas, it needs to be more general rather than a single speciality. It needs to server Breakfast and Dinner at a minimum, if not Lunch. It's a "resort hotel". The theme of this resort is not Italy nor Greece, nor The Mediterranean. If this is a failed restaurant spot (you know, those places in your town where something is always opening and closing in the same spot. Every town's got one), it is failing because of park hoppers and a quick back door to World Showcase with some of the more interesting and varied foods on property.

This restaurant should carry an Atlantic Boardwalk Themed Menu, right? Well here's the challenge. What exactly is Atlantic Boardwalk food?

Taylor Ham on a Hard roll with Egg for Breakfast
Pizza Slices
Burgers and Dogs
Cotton Candy
Cheese steaks?
Seafood Restaurant?

They can't build a sit-down restaurant on this. Also the better seafood restaurants are just across the Boardwalk anyway. I would think that given the lack of good American food in The American Adventure, they should perhaps take this restaurant to a culinary high and make it a New American style restaurant. Make it the sit down restaurant that should be in The American Adventure that was never built. Anyway, my two cents.

The Italian Restaurant looks good and has appeal though. It's just out of place like every other suggestion for this place (though I loved Kouzzina)

majortom1981

I always thought that Kouzzina filled a gap that needed to be filled (similar with Spoodles). I think the problem with the restaurant in general is the location. As the main restaurant for Boardwalk Inn and Villas, it needs to be more general rather than a single speciality. It needs to server Breakfast and Dinner at a minimum, if not Lunch. It's a "resort hotel". The theme of this resort is not Italy nor Greece, nor The Mediterranean. If this is a failed restaurant spot (you know, those places in your town where something is always opening and closing in the same spot. Every town's got one), it is failing because of park hoppers and a quick back door to World Showcase with some of the more interesting and varied foods on property.

This restaurant should carry an Atlantic Boardwalk Themed Menu, right? Well here's the challenge. What exactly is Atlantic Boardwalk food?

Taylor Ham on a Hard roll with Egg for Breakfast
Pizza Slices
Burgers and Dogs
Cotton Candy
Cheese steaks?
Seafood Restaurant?

They can't build a sit-down restaurant on this. Also the better seafood restaurants are just across the Boardwalk anyway. I would think that given the lack of good American food in The American Adventure, they should perhaps take this restaurant to a culinary high and make it a New American style restaurant. Make it the sit down restaurant that should be in The American Adventure that was never built. Anyway, my two cents.

The Italian Restaurant looks good and has appeal though. It's just out of place like every other suggestion for this place (though I loved Kouzzina)

I live on long island and we have a lot of Italian food places on the water. So it does fit in with the theme. If they do the wood burning oven pizza then that is even more fitting in that area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom