Transportation from GF

KTM1799

Original Poster
Staying at GF for first time in December also using Magical Express for the first time. Most of this trip is for my 6 year old and will be MK heavy but we do have 2 early breakfasts at Epcot and HS before park openings. What would be my best options on getting there? Thanks in advance, this forum is always my go to for info. :happy:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Staying at GF for first time in December also using Magical Express for the first time. Most of this trip is for my 6 year old and will be MK heavy but we do have 2 early breakfasts at Epcot and HS before park openings. What would be my best options on getting there? Thanks in advance, this forum is always my go to for info. :happy:

Typically it would be resort monorail to TTC, then change to the Epcot monorail. For Studios, it would be a bus from GF.

Depending how early you are traveling, the monorail may not be operating.

In either case, a taxi is an easier and more direction option.

Have a great trip!

MagicalMaci

In the Parks
Yes
The buses or monorail should be operating early enough to get you there in time for a pre-opening breakfast, however we have found Uber to be a great time-saver when running a bit late!

Missymoe4

I stayed at the GF late July/early August....

The resort monorail took a good 20 minutes between GF and TTC, then the issues came in on the monorail to Epcot. All in all, it took us 55 minutes between two monorails. I don't know what the issue was...and yes, it was probably something random and doesn't happen all of the time.

After that experience, we took Uber. You can always Uber from the GF to a hotel (we liked getting dropped off at the Yacht Club or Beach Club and walking in through the back of Epcot). Each ride between the GF and the YC/BC was $7.

blueboxdoctor

Surprised to see people taking taxis and Uber. I always use WDW transportation. Now, for your case. My experience has taught me the bus to Hollywood Studios usually goes to the Polynesian first, then the Grand Floridian, so it may be a little crowded but that early you should be fine. I would assume you can also try taking a bus to EPCOT or if you want to get adventurous, I believe the boats go from Magic Kingdom, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, so you can ride a boat to the Polynesian and walk to the Transportation and Ticket Center to get the monorail to EPCOT.

You shouldn't have an issue using WDW transportation, maybe ask someone at the main desk of the Grand Floridian what the transportation schedules/timing is usually like that early, but you should be fine.

I don't know, I find Uber pretty weird, I mean, you are getting into some random person's car and trusting their ability to bring you somewhere. I know a taxi is similar, but at least they have some sort of regulations and it seems like it is more structured.

harryk

Security lines can be very long and slow. They are at entrance of all the parks, so adjust time to account for possible delays.

md0u80a2

I would always use bus from HS - it is efficient

Tricky from GF to epcot - long way to TTC - I reckon this is a 30-40 mins trip with waits, changes, etc. The bus could be so much quicker if you walk straight on one, but much longer if a wait. We used to like convenience of wheelign stroller straight on monorail if that is an issue?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom