Transportation for the Cruise

Maggie Mae

Original Poster
Hi all! We are booking our cruise for next April tonight (sooooo excited) But I have a question - through the DCL website, you can only add transportation from airport to cruise and vice versa, currently the plan is to stay at POP the night before we leave, how can I clarify that or can I even clarify that? I see on threads you can get transportation from the hotel to the port, just curious how... Lastly, is it possible to add the transportation at a later time or do it when I book? TIA!!

Tom

Beta Return
You can add the ground transfers to your reservations any time (except probably within 3 days of the sailing, or something). You can do it through the DCL site, or call DCL.

It will ask you which WDW resort you're staying at when you book the Resort-Port transfers.

EOD K9

Here is a question that I cant nail down a specific time for. In the past, I have stayed at BWV and AKV with the AKV route getting me to the terminal earlier than my previous transfer. Next year I am taking the transfer from SSR. Does anyone have experience leaving from that resort and the approximate time of arrival to the port? Thanks.

Lunamis

^ I have the same question for YC if anyone has had the experience.

We had a 10am pick up (which I think is the earliest) from AKL in 2012.

PensFan

^ I have the same question for YC if anyone has had the experience.

We had a 10am pick up (which I think is the earliest) from AKL in 2012.

We have been picked up at YC twice, the last time being July 2013. I don't remember the exact times, but I know it wasn't that early. I'm thinking it was around 10:45 to 11:00.

It actually works out pretty well. We got to PC after the initial crush, and check in was pretty fast. There was no waiting at all to board the ship. The last cruise we didn't even have to wait for our cabin to be ready. We dropped off our bags and headed to Cabanas for lunch.

Bolna

Since this thread has become the current transportation question thread...

How does it work on transfers back to Disney - do they sort you according to area like they do at ME at the airport?

sweetpee_1993

Since this thread has become the current transportation question thread...

How does it work on transfers back to Disney - do they sort you according to area like they do at ME at the airport?
You walk up, tell the official-looking CM at the podium where you're headed (if you haven't been asked already), and they tell you which bus to get on.

EOD K9

Last time I cruised I rented a car for the ride back to WDW, so here is my question, when they take the luggage at night, are there special tags to get it back to the property if we are taking the bus?...or do we have to lug it ourselves?

Disneyfalcon

Last time I cruised I rented a car for the ride back to WDW, so here is my question, when they take the luggage at night, are there special tags to get it back to the property if we are taking the bus?...or do we have to lug it ourselves?

You have to lug it. You'll have to pick it up in customs and then drag it off with you.

EOD K9

There are porters that will help you find your luggage, put stuff on their cart, and walk with you thru customs. I know your next cruise you'll have the girls in tow and I'm sure you're plotting the logistic details. ;)
Exactly, next it will be on to research for experiences with the nursery.

rick3236

EOD K9 I can help with nursery questions. Our little one turns 4 in November has now been on 4 cruises, including the TA cruise when he was 2, and all before his fourth birthday. We are nursery pros.

EOD K9

EOD K9 I can help with nursery questions. Our little one turns 4 in November has now been on 4 cruises, including the TA cruise when he was 2, and all before his fourth birthday. We are nursery pros.
I saw your reply on the other thread. Thanks, I know I will have specific questions eventually.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom