Transportation Advice for those staying @ Pop Century Resort in July 2015

VTdisneytravel

Original Poster
I know that I am visiting Disney at a very busy time of year (July 4th week)... I was hoping to get some advice about what to expect of the transportation situation from Pop Century Resort.

1. I am aware that they only have buses. I am wondering if they are reliable and are usually on the 20 minute rotation for each theme park?

2. I am also aware that they have early buses for those with morning ADR's. Are these typically at 6:30AM for MK? And 7:00AM for the other three parks?

3. I understand that going from resort to resort is a NIGHTMARE. So I am planning on taking Taxi's for those reservations. Any advice about taking Taxi's from Pop Century?

CaptainAmerica

1. I am aware that they only have buses. I am wondering if they are reliable and are usually on the 20 minute rotation for each theme park?
For the most part, yes. Buses are more frequent (though also more crowded) at park opening and closing times. You might have one or two "stinker" waits in a week, but for the most part they do a good job.

2. I am also aware that they have early buses for those with morning ADR's. Are these typically at 6:30AM for MK? And 7:00AM for the other three parks?
It's not perfectly consistent. Ask at the resort, but you'll have plenty of time whenever that first bus is.

3. I understand that going from resort to resort is a NIGHTMARE. So I am planning on taking Taxi's for those reservations. Any advice about taking Taxi's from Pop Century?
NIGHTMARE might be a bit of an exaggeration, especially if your destination is on a boat or monorail loop.

Mukta

I think it is great you are aware that it is a busy time of year and are planning accordingly.

1. They are pretty frequent, but the line can be super long. The earlier you get in line the better.
2. It depends on park opening times.
3. Taxis are great and easy to take around property. Just tell the valet/bag check people and they will wave one over for you. It usually costs me around $20 to go anywhere around the property.

Jon81uk

on resort to resort, if you are eating at a monorail resort then just go back to Magic Kingdom and get a bus, that one is pretty easy.
Basically if the nearest park is open, or closed less than an hour ago, then bus to that park and bus to your resort.
Otherwise you need to go via DTD and unless you are staying at a DTD hotel (POR, SSR, OKW) then it is a pain going to DTD and back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom