Tramway project and security relocation at TTC.

matt9112

the major difference is the first one doesnt require there to be screening stations at all the monorail stations and the resort boat docks, and allows for screened guests to be transported securely from the ttc to the entrance of the mk via bus, ferry, or monorail
it keeps all the security screening staff centralized at the entrance to the MK and at the TTC, which is important if in the future disney would like to add bag scanning equipment

what its important to realize is i'm sure if we looked at the security layouts for airports etc that I'm sure they look crazy from above, but on the ground work just fine for their intended purpose with proper design and signage it can be made obvious as to what the natural flow should be to make it easy for guests to understand without confusion.

Wait wait wait....you think security at TSA operated airport check points work just fine? Go figure.

matt9112

And where would they get those "extra" trains required to space them closer together?

You're correct, the buses didn't have that big a presence before they started building thousands of rooms onsite cutting back on the number of people that needed to come through TTC. But, they did along with added parks and things to do, kinda make the numbers of people showing up on a daily basis go right off the charts.

True most people keep forgetting there short on trains after the accident.....the other day they had 3 on the EPCOT line for food and wine and 2 on the MK line so the line at the station was backed up all the way down the ramp toward exit gates and this was mid day.

Goofyernmost

@danlb_2000 There were some electrical contractors looking around the ceiling area at the Poly monorail bridge area around exit gate on Friday.
It depends on how many Electrical Contractors were there at the time. If just two they were looking for bulbs that were burnt out. If there were three, then they were there to change the light-bulb. One to hold the bulb and two to turn the ladder counter-clockwise. ;)
Maybe even three to turn the ladder if it was a long ladder.
Union job.

Clamman73

It depends on how many Electrical Contractors were there at the time. If just two they were looking for bulbs that were burnt out. If there were three, then they were there to change the light-bulb. One to hold the bulb and two to turn the ladder counter-clockwise. ;)
Maybe even three to turn the ladder if it was a long ladder.
Union job.
Haha! I'm mostly Polish so no lightbulb changing jokes! ;) But seriously...there must have been about 5-6 guys looking at plans and looking all around...something's up.

mm121

Wait wait wait....you think security at TSA operated airport check points work just fine? Go figure.

i never said that,

just that the layout is in such a way that the traffic flows are clear so you dont have many people trying to enter through the exit or exit through the entrance thats all

i was not making a comment about the effectiveness of the TSA in any way shape or form

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
This project is the first of many steps in a process to change things for transportation and security. There will be work related to bus expansion, the tram work that is commencing now, lagoon watercraft, and some (more) monorail work. (NO...... not expansion....again not expansion..... Do not think expansion.)

*1023*

Figment2005

True most people keep forgetting there short on trains after the accident.....the other day they had 3 on the EPCOT line for food and wine and 2 on the MK line so the line at the station was backed up all the way down the ramp toward exit gates and this was mid day.
Not short on trains... still 12

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
This project is the first of many steps in a process to change things for transportation and security. There will be work related to bus expansion, the tram work that is commencing now, lagoon watercraft, and some (more) monorail work. (NO...... not expansion....again not expansion..... Do not think expansion.)

*1023*

Finally!! Monorail Expansion!! Yes!!!
IMG_9281.JPG

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :)

biggy H

5it seems pretty easy to me to have screening at the resorts for both the monorail and the boats. Its not as if the boats have a huge capacity so could be handled by 2 security people. Even at the moment there is only one access to the resort momorail stations so could easily be modified for extra security. So that wouod then leave one lot of security at MK for bus traffic and people walking from CR and BLT. As for when buses run from TTC to MK people would be diverted before the new security at TTC or have a seperate drop off point at MK. Eventually you could have security installed at all resorts prior to bus loading so could remove security at the parks for resort guests.

matt9112

Yes. They've been back to a full fleet of 12 trains for quite a while.

Edit: looked it up, they've been at 12 since Peach came online Sept 2011.

-Rob

I stand corrected i thought (from insiders) they never built new replacements but cobbled together 1 train out of 2? And slightly off topic in perfect world day how many trains per the 3 beam routes?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
4 resort, 3-4 express, 2-3 on Epcot.

Right now the Monorails you add to each beam the less efficient it is. Because it seems to take ages now to herd everyone into monorails, any missteps leads to trains holding and queueing at hold points. Resulting in an increased cycle time. In a way I think that's the part of the automation initiative I don't get, the inability to control guest behavior. (Think loading a monorail with 4 ECVs for example.).

I don't think I've ever seen more than 4 on resort and express and 2 on Epcot.

BTW Black and Coral are out of service right now for work on automation. (At least that's what an older monorail cm was talking about with me while we were waiting for a train to reboot.)(btw there seems to be a lot of skepticism about the system working as envisioned)

lazyboy97o

Right now the Monorails you add to each beam the less efficient it is. Because it seems to take ages now to herd everyone into monorails, any missteps leads to trains holding and queueing at hold points. Resulting in an increased cycle time. In a way I think that's the part of the automation initiative I don't get, the inability to control guest behavior. (Think loading a monorail with 4 ECVs for example.)
Level loading so that wheelchairs, ECVs and strollers can just slide right in without assistance really would be a great way to help with efficiency and crowd distribution.

Creathir

Level loading so that wheelchairs, ECVs and strollers can just slide right in without assistance really would be a great way to help with efficiency and crowd distribution.
Agreed.

If this is the minor monorail work alluded to, it along with automation would take care of a lot of the passenger count issues.

matt9112

Right now the Monorails you add to each beam the less efficient it is. Because it seems to take ages now to herd everyone into monorails, any missteps leads to trains holding and queueing at hold points. Resulting in an increased cycle time. In a way I think that's the part of the automation initiative I don't get, the inability to control guest behavior. (Think loading a monorail with 4 ECVs for example.).

I don't think I've ever seen more than 4 on resort and express and 2 on Epcot.

BTW Black and Coral are out of service right now for work on automation. (At least that's what an older monorail cm was talking about with me while we were waiting for a train to reboot.)(btw there seems to be a lot of skepticism about the system working as envisioned)

For what its worth they where running 3 on the epcot beam and only 2 on the TTC beam a few weeks ago when i was at MK.

Monorail_Red_77

So.... Here are a few more pics of the work being done at TTC tram load/unload area.
As a caution, there were no ladders found on-site.
Pics as of our trip 10-1-16 for WDW/MK 45th.

From TTC Parking area they now stop you at the motorcycle parking area.
IMG_9192.JPG

I don't think they can fit another cone in there.... Pretty good CLF (Cones per Linear Foot) LOL
IMG_9194.JPG

Guest on left side of TTC parking need to cross Tram-Way at the Teal posts to the right of pic.
IMG_9202.JPG

View of construction fencing from TTC parking side.
IMG_9196.JPG

Fencing looks complete, at least from this angle.
IMG_9210.JPG

Looks like they are working on removing the planter walls already. Looks like piles of dirt on the right, behind the fencing and on the left looks like half the planter wall is gone already.

Kicking myself for not getting pic from monorail on return from MK. But it was 12:45am, as MK closed at 12 Sat night.
IMG_9727.JPG

RSoxNo1

*1023*
Does any part of this have the TTC being relocated? There was a rumor of that being a possibility?

The rumor goes back to the beginning of this year from the Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish w/Jim Hill. Jim acknowledged that this was far fetched, but basically this was the thought process:

• TTC Relocation: This relocation involves multiple moving parts.
    • The former STOL port airport is an area of land immediately East of the Magic Kingdom Parking lot. This area is typically used for construction staging, but the new plan is to turn this into the new offsite bus parking area. Transportation would take guests arriving by offsite bus to the Ticket and Transportation Center via some sort of transportation (presumably a standard parking tram).
    • This would eliminate the need for the existing Bus area immediately to the right (East) of the Ticket and Transportation Center.
    • The TTC would be relocated to the new Bus area and would take into consideration the different demands of today's guests (ADA Compliance, larger crowds, ECVs, strollers, etc).
  • New Resort: With the TTC relocated, this allows the former TTC area to be the entrance to a new resort with the area directly North of this area (along Seven Seas Lagoon) potentially being used as part of this new resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom