Tramway project and security relocation at TTC.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I am suggesting this as a system similar to what the TSA does for pre-screened passengers. They still go through a checkpoint but the process is greatly streamlined.

I see what you are saying now, however I just don't think it will work in WDW. They don't have the resources the TSA has to screen guests, and I am sure the legal nightmare of obtaining permission to look into someone's life like they would have to is a deal breaker for Disney. And honestly while any change in security will effect guest experience, a precheck system would only add more complications and confusion.

COProgressFan

I always thought TTC could use a little more magic. It's very cement and blah.

As the first and last thing visitors see, its certainly an eyesore as it stands today.

The 70's meets 90's vibe just isn't working, and frankly hasn't worked in decades. The whole area needs a complete overhaul, not only for aesthetic purposes, but to better reflect the way the space is used today. With potential security related changes coming, now would certainly be a good time for a total redesign. Maybe they can finally get the budget this project needs by tying it in with the security improvements.

jt04

As the first and last thing visitors see, its certainly an eyesore as it stands today.

The 70's meets 90's vibe just isn't working, and frankly hasn't worked in decades. The whole area needs a complete overhaul, not only for aesthetic purposes, but to better reflect the way the space is used today. With potential security related changes coming, now would certainly be a good time for a total redesign. Maybe they can finally get the budget this project needs by tying it in with the security improvements.

More parking garages would open the parking lot for resort expansion in addition to the TTC footprint.

Monorail_Red_77

More parking garages would open the parking lot for resort expansion in addition to the TTC footprint.
Dare I say they could make it an EPCOT monorail resort, but in the MK parking Lot. Could do the same to the EPCOT parking lot as well with garages.

They could even put it on the MK beams with an elevated pedestrian enclosed bridge leading from resort lobby across road to a new platform in between Poly and TTC.

or both even.

Monorail_Red_77

crude drawing of a resort in TTC parking with MK and/or EPCOT monorail access. Yellow indicates elevated and enclosed walkways to resort monorail stations. I used WL as a resort example. Gotta go Deluxe.

mk-epcot mono reosrt.jpg

jt04

It took me longer than it should have to realize this image was photo-shopped. I kept thinking, "what resort is this?" Good heavens, what was in my coffee today. :eek:

If that photoshop is to scale then the amount of land potentially available is staggering. Really no end to the possibilities.

Obobru

Close the paths, move the buses to the TTC which should be fully redeveloped.

Security at the TTC and hotel monorail stations.

roj2323

Original Poster
Close the paths, move the buses to the TTC which should be fully redeveloped.

Security at the TTC and hotel monorail stations.
They just built a multi million dollar bus terminal at MK less than 2 years ago. That's not going to move. Besides moving the busses would put further strain on the ferries and monorails which already have capacity issues.

Obobru

Then how would you beef up transpiration between the TTC and MK?
Automate the monorails to work closer together in peak periods and operate the ferries more efficiently.

The buses never used to have such a large presence next to the park entrance and while they may have spent millions on it that was in a time when the security situation was different to what it now is.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Automate the monorails to work closer together in peak periods and operate the ferries more efficiently.

The buses never used to have such a large presence next to the park entrance and while they may have spent millions on it that was in a time when the security situation was different to what it now is.

I don't think that would be enough to offset the loss of the buses.

Goofyernmost

And where would they get those "extra" trains required to space them closer together?

You're correct, the buses didn't have that big a presence before they started building thousands of rooms onsite cutting back on the number of people that needed to come through TTC. But, they did along with added parks and things to do, kinda make the numbers of people showing up on a daily basis go right off the charts.

matt9112

The tram loading zones at Disneyland are also being completely rebuilt in all-new areas to allow for a totally different security setup. When it's done, once you get onto a tram at Disneyland you have already been cleared through security and can walk right into the park without another bag check or security screen when you disembark the tram.

The same concept is likely being rollled out for WDW parks with trams and monorails (and ferries too). Disney is obviously rethinking their entire security strategy for the American parks. About time.

Even if security theater is at the TTC it surrly cant be before you get on the tram. I hope they do move it to the TTC.....i would rather feel artificially safer sooner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom