Tramway project and security relocation at TTC.

JoeCamel

I see that as a step up compared to the rusty chains that kids were constantly swinging from as we watched to see how big a cranium disfigurement they were going to get from hitting the pavement with their heads. I see nothing wrong with the powder-coated steel. The others weren't stainless anyway, they were galvanized pipes.
More construction expertise? How long has it been since you were there? Your memory and eyesight are failing - just look at the picture. The chains were to keep people from sitting on them. You think the kids won't use these as monkey bars and do larger swings bothering more people?

Goofyernmost

More construction expertise? How long has it been since you were there? Your memory and eyesight are failing - just look at the picture. The chains were to keep people from sitting on them. You think the kids won't use these as monkey bars and do larger swings bothering more people?
I was there three weeks ago. But all I had to do was look at the picture and I could see that it wasn't stainless steel even if I didn't know how cheap Disney Co. is. Look at the picture yourself. Notice that many of them have a very visible discoloration sometimes known as oxidation. Stainless wouldn't do that. The height of those new ones will keep kids from sitting on them especially with no center rail to put their feet on. Of course, they will still swing from them, but, they are far less dangerous then the chains and less likely for them to land on their collective heads.

matt9112

Disappointing. Only 1.5 decades later are they now taking threats more seriously if what you stated is true. After 9/11 you'd have thought everything regarding threats would have been taken more seriously.

Rather just live our lives and not waste money and time on things that simply do not work.

matt9112

What does this conversation have to do with the tramway construction project?

Seriously guys, Security screenings are being moved but beyond that you are getting into the Politics of why which is pointless.

De thread of the de thread:

Question how come anything that is a debate is inherently politics? Is politics not simply the activity of public office and running for it'holding it,supporting it ect?

Seems like any hot button issue is "politics" seems like a broad net to me.

roj2323

Original Poster
De thread of the de thread:

Question how come anything that is a debate is inherently politics? Is politics not simply the activity of public office and running for it'holding it,supporting it ect?

Seems like any hot button issue is "politics" seems like a broad net to me.

Stop poking the bear.

mm121

Photo update as of Saturday, Mar 11. New pedestrian "guide rails" are being installed next to the vehicle barrier posts in the middle of the tramway area. This appears to be the beginning of a new loading/unloading area. Remaining to be built would be a shelter to protect guests from rain and sun. The current tram loading/unloading shelters are in the background.

View attachment 193475

View attachment 193476
As a comparison, here is the current guest waiting area under the shelter, using posts and chains. You might recall, the posts and chains used to extend to the right all the way to the vehicle barrier posts here. Two rows of posts and chains have been removed. My guess is to permit construction of the new security area under the current shelters.

View attachment 193477

this feels all very thrown together willy nilly and quick and cheap, since the ground is just blacktop instead of pavers or stamped concrete or something

and the zero shelter aspect.

hope this is just temporary as part of a bigger TTC makeover

alot of the new security changes feel temporary though we know they aren't its almost as if they want to test out the layout in real world conditions before committing to a solid redesign with shelters and everything

matt9112

this feels all very thrown together willy nilly and quick and cheap, since the ground is just blacktop instead of pavers or stamped concrete or something

and the zero shelter aspect.

hope this is just temporary as part of a bigger TTC makeover

alot of the new security changes feel temporary though we know they aren't its almost as if they want to test out the layout in real world conditions before committing to a solid redesign with shelters and everything

Maybe there just cheap.....

roj2323

Original Poster
C6v8O95V0AACFz3.jpg

Ok they are grey
C6v8Q54U0AUwc9O.jpg

C6v8SiyV4AEEEV_.jpg

C6v9QWFWkAARmvF.jpg

All photos by bioreconstruct‏ @bioreconstruct

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom