Tramway project and security relocation at TTC.

roj2323

Original Poster
looks like they might be doing away with the planters or at least doing something different with them.

Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 11.45.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 11.45.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 11.45.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 11.44.52 PM.png

Next Big Thing

Looking at the monorail beams I can't help but wonder...
One looks fresh and new then suddenly switches to filthy and then the track in the background looks like a cleaning was attempted but failed and looks worse than the filthy one.

It's been like that for years. Has anyone else noticed this?
They power wash the beams every once in awhile, but they never do the entire route. They do it in small increments at a time.

WEDwaydatamover

If you look at the beam in the background it looks completely scorched by whatever cleaning method they used. It's looked that way for at least 5 years. I cringe every time I see it.

The beam in the foreground looks 1971 new and then becomes abruptly filthy.

Sorry to get off track with your post. Just an observation of your photo.

Monorail_Red_77

Looks to me like they are doing something with the planters and the pedestrian sidewalk on the west side of the tram tunnel under Seven Seas Dr. I don't know what but I don't think its pressure washing the beams. Based on the prior photos. Here's where I have marked the work being done. We will have to wait and see what is being done to be sure though. In the below google map pic I have marked in red where the fencing is going. Also, the pedestrian walkway that is blocked with the red double at the bottom of the pic as well as the area marked off with cones and earth work already starting up to the bridge walls.

tramwork.jpg

roj2323

Original Poster
Looks to me like they are doing something with the planters and the pedestrian sidewalk on the west side of the tram tunnel under Seven Seas Dr. I don't know what but I don't think its pressure washing the beams. Based on the prior photos. Here's where I have marked the work being done. We will have to wait and see what is being done to be sure though. In the below google map pic I have marked in red where the fencing is going. Also, the pedestrian walkway that is blocked with the red double at the bottom of the pic as well as the area marked off with cones and earth work already starting up to the bridge walls.

View attachment 165259
The spot over by the bridge was removed and paved over because the trams will need a little extra turning room to get around the construction fences by the planters.

Rob562

View attachment 165259

Maybe they're expanding the planters to eliminate the gaps between them except the one they need? Make them less "appealing' to walk through to the other side?

I can imagine a lot of tired, wayward guests arriving back at the TTC and wanting to walk to their cars but only having a vague idea where to go and only kinda know their car is "over that way"...

-Rob

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Maybe they're expanding the planters to eliminate the gaps between them except the one they need? Make them less "appealing' to walk through to the other side?

I can imagine a lot of tired, wayward guests arriving back at the TTC and wanting to walk to their cars but only having a vague idea where to go and only kinda know their car is "over that way"...

-Rob
Yeah, I was thinking either that, or trying to redirect the foot traffic to keep them from walking in the path of the trams. I've seen a few near misses with pedestrians not paying any attention whatsoever where they were walking...

TP2000

The tram loading zones at Disneyland are also being completely rebuilt in all-new areas to allow for a totally different security setup. When it's done, once you get onto a tram at Disneyland you have already been cleared through security and can walk right into the park without another bag check or security screen when you disembark the tram.

The same concept is likely being rollled out for WDW parks with trams and monorails (and ferries too). Disney is obviously rethinking their entire security strategy for the American parks. About time.

lazyboy97o

The tram loading zones at Disneyland are also being completely rebuilt in all-new areas to allow for a totally different security setup. When it's done, once you get onto a tram at Disneyland you have already been cleared through security and can walk right into the park without another bag check or security screen when you disembark the tram.

The same concept is likely being rollled out for WDW parks with trams and monorails (and ferries too). Disney is obviously rethinking their entire security strategy for the American parks. About time.
That would mean putting security in the middle of parking lots.

Unplugged

Hopefully someone will find and post the permits for this work and shed some light on it...
I could have sworn I saw them posted not long ago. When in doubt, as the resident permit expert....@danlb_2000 , did you post permits for the EPCOT entry work? I thought it was MK, AK, EPCOT, and not sure about TTC.

I'm sure the over all solution is to create "secured zones" to make park transfer easier. But I don't think we'll be seeing pre-park tram security. At DL, the trams pick you up at the parking garage and take you to the park entry. That layout is much easier as there is a single point of entry for the tram, as opposed to WDW's stopping in the middle of the lot or in multiple places.

Creathir

I could have sworn I saw them posted not long ago. When in doubt, as the resident permit expert....@danlb_2000 , did you post permits for the EPCOT entry work? I thought it was MK, AK, EPCOT, and not sure about TTC.

I'm sure the over all solution is to create "secured zones" to make park transfer easier. But I don't think we'll be seeing pre-park tram security. At DL, the trams pick you up at the parking garage and take you to the park entry. That layout is much easier as there is a single point of entry for the tram, as opposed to WDW's stopping in the middle of the lot or in multiple places.

Four more permits today with the same contractor and expiration date for the entrance of DHS and the three resort monorail platforms.

TP2000

That would mean putting security in the middle of parking lots.

What I meant was that Security would be moved to the TTT. Post-tram but pre-monorail or pre-ferry. With a separate security setup for buses or those who walk to the MK from the Contemporary.

It's messy though. So maybe this is just landscaping work or something unrelated to security.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom