Train or Uber to and from Paris to the Disneyland Hotel

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Hello all! My dad thinks that uber would be better to go from the Disneyland hotel (where we are staying) to Paris for a day or two of our near week long trip. He says uber gives us much more freedom as to when we can than the train would offer, but from what I know the train would be faster even with the stops by a good 10 minutes or so, with little to no traffic. Is uber safe in Paris currently? What are the increments for the train? How convenient is the train station location compared where uber, or even a taxi would go? And finally which would you recommend and why? Thank you to all of you who take the time to reply.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I would think just in comparing price alone, a taxi wouldn't make sense. The train ticket is EUR 7.60 (one-way) per adult or a carnet of 10 (one-way) tickets for EUR 60.80. With trains about every ten minutes, I can't imagine that a taxi will get you to Paris any quicker - particularly if you happen to hit traffic.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
I would think just in comparing price alone, a taxi wouldn't make sense. The train ticket is EUR 7.60 (one-way) per adult or a carnet of 10 (one-way) tickets for EUR 60.80. With trains about every ten minutes, I can't imagine that a taxi will get you to Paris any quicker - particularly if you happen to hit traffic.
Thank you. I just wanted to make sure as my dad doesn't have a problem with trains, but was questioning it's reliability. thanks

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Problem is though, we are a family of four, so prices are half except if you hit traffic.

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I'm not sure that the prices are even - from what I have seen, it would cost in the neighborhood of EUR 60 one-way in a taxi, and it would be EUR 15.20 per person round-trip on the train, for a total of EUR 60.80 round-trip for a family of 4. Hopefully someone from Paris will chime in about the taxi costs so that you can have real figures for comparison purposes.

HolleBolleGijs

No experience with taxi service, but the train is plenty reliable, and they come pretty frequently. Also, it's pretty much connected to anywhere else in Paris you could possibly need to go, since you can use the same ticket to transfer lines.

Just be sure to hang on to the ticket you used until you have completely exited, since the RER lines check tickets at the exit.

PacNWTigger

We exclusively used RER when we were in Paris last summer when we were staying at DLP. It's a lot less expensive, and you truly have your choice of places to go around town. I would suggest downloading an RER map to help plan your stops...it was SUPER helpful for us to be able to plan that stuff before leaving the hotel so you're not looking at maps walking around Paris.

Absimilliard

First, use the RER, it is as fast as driving into Paris and the round trip on a cab would cost too much money. Plus you would still have to fork over more money to get a daily transport pass to go around Paris by bus, subway and RER.

Second, forgot the tourist trap "Paris Visite" tickets unless you intend on visiting most of the attractions that give you a discount with it. In most cases, the single day Mobilis Zone 1-5 is only 1-2 euro more than a round trip ticket into Paris from DLP and it will allow you access to all RER, bus and subway transit for a single day. How to buy it? Go to the ticket machine at the RER station, select english and then scroll down until you see "Mobilis". Select zone 1 (Paris) to 5 (where Disney is) and you're set to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom