1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Trail's End Menu

Discussion in 'WDW Restaurants and Dining' started by disney4life2008, Mar 11, 2017.

1. disney4life2008

disney4life2008 Well-Known Member

Im debating on going to Trail's End tonight. I have been once a few years ago, but the menu looks changed. Is the fried chicken white meat, i do not want only dark meat. Is the food still good?

2. kap91

kap91 Well-Known Member

It's fantastic and both white and dark are served. If for some reason there's only one they're cooking more in the back.

disney4life2008 likes this.
  3. disney4life2008

disney4life2008 Well-Known Member Original Poster

Thanks ☺

4. disney4life2008

I am here now. The food is good not exceptional. Catfish still has bones, fried chicken is pretty good. The veggies are the best.

Disappointed that the ice cream machine is not working so they are giving out mickey bars instead.

5. kap91

kap91 Well-Known Member

Oh that's too bad. :-( maybe an off day?

6. disney4life2008

Its not horrible in any way. I kind of messed up and ate earlier at the magic kingdom so im not as hungry as i should be. Alas, i did eat everything.

7. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan New Member

We ate at Trails End on Feb 18. It was our favorite meal of the week. Great variety, service, atmosphere and all the food was good. One of our party is Gluten free and the chef took great care of his needs. Ice Cream machine was working when we were there. Go and enjoy!

8. NeverEnufDisney

NeverEnufDisney Active Member

Trail's End is a must do on each trip we make. It's the best priced buffet and the food is good to great depending on how high end your tastes are. It's not the place for high end dishes. It's frequented by those of us who want fried chicken, barbecued ribs, cowboy beans, chili, salad, and carved meats.

9. aladdin2007

aladdin2007 Well-Known Member

they dont serve lunch anymore right but certain days they serve breakfast later now?

10. s&k'smom

s&k'smom Well-Known Member

We always head to Trail's End our first night on property. One of our favorites.

11. Pirate Magic

Pirate Magic Active Member

We do Trail's End every year and we never had no complaints. The food has always been very good.

12. Paul Tremelling

Paul Tremelling New Member

Whenever we come over from the UK, this is one of 'must visit' restaurants. Great selection of food and desserts, and for a brit, a good range of real ales to sample. Coupled with a leisurely trip on the boat from Magic Kingdom, it is a great end to the day.

drwadadli likes this.
  13. drwadadli

drwadadli Premium Member

I know that by now it is too late to give you an advice since you would have already been or not go to Trail's End. That being said, it is a good restaurant but have never been for dinner. We will typically go there at least once during a week long vacation for either breakfast or lunch and have never been disappointed.

I am sorry to hear the ice cream machine was broken. Also, sorry to hear the catfish had bones (which is common with catfish unless it is a big fish to make good filets).

14. disney4life2008

The food was good. The chicken was great but my only minor issue is that they have Tabasco sauce and not hot sauce like Texas or Louisiana. The veggies were amazing, as was the chili. The pizza was delicious.

Everything else was ok. Not horrible but wasn't great. The price though was amazing

drwadadli likes this.