Trail's End Buffet Breakfast at FW

Mystic

Original Poster
We're actually looking at a way to start the day the day we plan to head to EPCOT. We've got 3 really busy and packed days leading into EPCOT day so we want a nice relaxing start to the day.

Thanks for the tip ugotzme, we'll check out the trail leading to FW from WL. Sounds like a great way to start the day with a nice scenic walk to breakfast.

We always have at least 1 sit down meal a day to get us out of the 'park' for an hour and re-energize.

shmmrname

Trail's End isn't as outstanding as some lead you to believe.
The CM's are always amazing there, and the setting is unique in that it really is secluded compared to all the other WDW options. Plus, you feel as if you've discovered something many others haven't, as every year it slips under most Disney guest's dining radar.
The food isn't spectacular, in fact, I would compare it to most Buffet chain restaurants. If you like country-style food it will suit you well, and children's tastes should be satisfied as well.
It is less expensive than eating a meal at most WDW options, but when you are finished nothing really jumps out as a highlight.
I loved the cornbread, and I believe the apple-turnover was very good. They served chili as well, and the cornbread could've made that my meal alone.
I have never eaten there for breakfast, so many of my opinions may be unfounded.
The key though is it really is both more secluded/private and calmer than most dining options, so at its price, it would be well worth the gamble for you.
Personally, I would head over to EPCOT and eat a baked croissant filled with ham and cheese from France.

Mystic

Original Poster
shmmrname said:
Personally, I would head over to EPCOT and eat a baked croissant filled with ham and cheese from France.

First off World Showcase isn't open until at least 11am so getting a croissant for breakfast isn't in the cards. Secondly, we know that it's going to be buffet, which is fine with us as we do eat the Crystal Palace. We were originally planning on eating at Whispering Canyon for breakfast that day but were looking at other possible places and we've considered Trail's End before just never went ahead with it. We're looking for a way to have a nice, fairly quiet start to a morning about midway through our trip.

DisneyFan39

:) Trail's End Buffet is the best! My family stayed at the Fort Wilderness Cabins in June of 2004 and we had the opportunity to have dinner and breakfast there several times during our stay. My kids love it and the staff is outstanding..Have a great trip....

128 more days for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom