Tragedy at Orange Lake Resort

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Does anyone know about the girl that got electrocuted at Disney Worlds neighboring Orange Lake Resort at they're put put course and how it happened? I know it's not a Disney Resort but it's right next to the animal Kingdom and 8 out of 10 guests there are on a Disney trip and that's close enough for me.

tigsmom

I believe the investigation found she was electrocuted from an improperly grounded aqua pump; another guest at the hotel tried to save her and was shocked from it, but not injured. She had just celebrated her 11th birthday...a very sad story

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
That's horrible, it's a terrible loss expecially when it's a kid. When I was little we used to splash each other with out putters by the ponds at the older put put course. We would also reach in there for the ball as well. I am assuming those ponds are going to be long gone. I will never fix my pond without shutting the power off ever again.

I_heart_Tigger

What a terrible story...how sad :(

When I was 7 my 9 year old cousin was electrocuted and killed in our neighbours pond. It had been drained and we (my sister, 3 cousins and the neighbours two kids) had been playing hide and seek. The pond had a pump as well as lights around the edges.

We had no idea until much later that he had been electrocuted. My older sister was "it" and found him just laying in the pond. Being a protective older sister she wouldn't let me see anything but I guess he just looked like he was sleeping so it was kind of a mystery until a few days later when they figured out what happened.

That's when I learned that electricty and water don't mix.

olinecoach61

What a terrible story...how sad :(

When I was 7 my 9 year old cousin was electrocuted and killed in our neighbours pond. It had been drained and we (my sister, 3 cousins and the neighbours two kids) had been playing hide and seek. The pond had a pump as well as lights around the edges.

We had no idea until much later that he had been electrocuted. My older sister was "it" and found him just laying in the pond. Being a protective older sister she wouldn't let me see anything but I guess he just looked like he was sleeping so it was kind of a mystery until a few days later when they figured out what happened.

That's when I learned that electricty and water don't mix.
Terrible story, I'm sorry for your loss.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom