Trader Sam's Hippopotomaitai New Mug Available

MoonRakerSCM

One thing that I have always been surprised about is that Disney puts a pretty decent amount of alcohol in their drinks, at least at Sam's. We've taken a number of friend there with us and they all remark how strong they are...but still with great flavor.

I can agree with that. Every time I've been there, the drinks at Trader Sams have been very good pours.

mikenatcity1

Someone I was talking to said Trader Sam's is going down for refurb soon so if you don't get the mugs soon you'll have to wait- anyone know anything of that?

Btw- this person also got a diamond luau mug the day they went a couple weeks ago (clearing out all old stock).

Stevek

Original Poster
Someone I was talking to said Trader Sam's is going down for refurb soon so if you don't get the mugs soon you'll have to wait- anyone know anything of that?

Btw- this person also got a diamond luau mug the day they went a couple weeks ago (clearing out all old stock).
I will be there Tuesday to pick up the yellow Krakatoa. Will ask them.

mikenatcity1

I will be there Tuesday to pick up the yellow Krakatoa. Will ask them.

Thanks! Disneyland doesn't have an answer for me on it, but i'm hopeful the cast there will. I hope it's open Sept 20-22 so I can get a couple of the new mugs (if they have them in stock) :)

Stevek

Original Poster
qh2TSzIdkym7cLoPnt4EX8h2oazWXhz8BD4jhX2ksQO
There are now two additional new mugs/bowls available besides the previous Mai tai mug. A new yellow Krakatoa as well as a deep green uh-oa. Per the CM I spoke with, it appears that Sam's will be closing on 9/5 for a two week refurb.
IMG_0304.JPG

mikenatcity1

There are now two additional new mugs/bowls available besides the previous Mai tai mug. A new yellow Krakatoa as well as a deep green uh-oa. Per the CM I spoke with, it appears that Sam's will be closing on 9/5 for a two week refurb. View attachment 222967

I love the new Uh-Oa!

And thank you for the information! If it is 2 calendar weeks I should be good. This makes me happy!

SSG

Per the CM I spoke with, it appears that Sam's will be closing on 9/5 for a two week refurb. View attachment 222967

I would guess it has to do with this permit. Applied for back in December but not yet issued:

Received BLD2016-05830 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1150 W MAGIC WAY Disneyland Hotel - Central Courtyard - Tangaroa Terrace - Tiki Bar Development - Tenant Improvement: 175 sq.ft new service bar indoor and existing outdoor dining area for bar on the main level. 245 sq.ft to include a new storage layout, walk in refrig and new slab to fit walking cooler located in the basement. New HVAC and electrical on basement and main level.

Stevek

Original Poster
A couple notes. The Krakatoa mugs are now slightly smaller, same size as the one used at WDW. Disney has stealthily changes the size on both the Krakatoa and Zombie head to hold slightly less volume. Even my bartender commented that the new Krakatoa was more narrow inside when she was making the drink. She also stated that Sam's will continue to offer drinks via an outdoor bar during the rehab. Not sure if evening entertainment will continue during this time though.

Angel Ariel

The raised wording was always on my clear Wdw version. This new version is ugly.
The raised wording is on my clear DLR Hippopotomaitai glass that we bought in Nov 2015. clear blue glass, same face, raised Trader Sam's on the back. Design of the raised lettering is a bit different, but not enough to make a huge difference to me. I like the clear glass better :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom