Trader Sams drink prices

cursivesailor

Original Poster
Anyone have a list of the drink prices for Trader Sams? They arent even listed on Disneys site. Are they really as crazy as I have heard?

HurricaneHanna

I don't remember exactly but I believe they started in the $10-$12 range and went up over $50. To be fair- the more expensive drinks come with a specific, unique souvenir glass or are for more than one person.

Wendy Pleakley

The souvenir mugs are always optional, so you should pay less for those drinks if you don't keep the glass.

The drinks aren't any more expensive than drinks at WDW in general, and they seem to be a decent strength.

Disney Stine

My family bought the drinks without the souvenir mugs. I believe for the Uh -Oa we paid $20, which at least two people split. The Nautilus was around $30 without the mug as well. They do still serve the drink in the mug and you get all of the interaction with the bartender and room when ordered, but they simply take away the the mug once finished. The only drink we were told we could not have without the souvenir mug was the Pearl.
I also would highly suggest trying out the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum! Not served in a souvenir mug at all but just a delicious drink. :inlove:

Dylan Ann

Ohhh, these sound interesting! Is Trader Sam's like a bar you can go to without reservations? I'm going in December and my mom and I have reservations at Ohana one day - would we be able to go early and have a drink here first? Sorry, I'm not an expert on all the dining places - but I'd like to become an expert of the cocktails ;)

KLeigh

Ohhh, these sound interesting! Is Trader Sam's like a bar you can go to without reservations? I'm going in December and my mom and I have reservations at Ohana one day - would we be able to go early and have a drink here first? Sorry, I'm not an expert on all the dining places - but I'd like to become an expert of the cocktails ;)
I they don't accept reservations, it's all first come first served. It will work great for us since we don't know when we're fitting it in on our upcoming trip, but I'm worried we might have a bit of a wait to get in depending on when we go.

cursivesailor

Original Poster
Im thinking maybe of going earlier in the day when we first arrive. To try to avoid the more peak times. It might be nice to check in, throw the luggage at Bell Services and go have a welcome cocktail at Trader Sams around noon as a start to our celebratory vacation.

We are from New Orleans, so we arent afraid of day drinking. We are pros. My dad owns a bar in the French Quarter which is famous for its tropical drinks, so I think he would really get a kick out of this bar.

KLeigh

Im thinking maybe of going earlier in the day when we first arrive. To try to avoid the more peak times. It might be nice to check in, throw the luggage at Bell Services and go have a welcome cocktail at Trader Sams around noon as a start to our celebratory vacation.

Trader Sam's doesn't open until 4:00pm, but your plan of being there earlier is a great idea!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I they don't accept reservations, it's all first come first served. It will work great for us since we don't know when we're fitting it in on our upcoming trip, but I'm worried we might have a bit of a wait to get in depending on when we go.
It is not as busy as it was when it was first opened, but I would expect a wait especially on the weekends.

dreamfinder

My family bought the drinks without the souvenir mugs. I believe for the Uh -Oa we paid $20, which at least two people split. The Nautilus was around $30 without the mug as well. They do still serve the drink in the mug and you get all of the interaction with the bartender and room when ordered, but they simply take away the the mug once finished. The only drink we were told we could not have without the souvenir mug was the Pearl.

They do this so you get a nice squeaky clean brand new mug if you do choose to buy it. It also comes in a box (albeit somewhat flimsy) so it is much easier to pack/transport. I believe since the Pearl is plastic, (and much more affordable) they just have you keep it.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
They do this so you get a nice squeaky clean brand new mug if you do choose to buy it. It also comes in a box (albeit somewhat flimsy) so it is much easier to pack/transport. I believe since the Pearl is plastic, (and much more affordable) they just have you keep it.

And the drink in the pearl is delicious, I just wish it was a little bigger! ;):)

Dylan Ann

Trader Sam's doesn't open until 4:00pm, but your plan of being there earlier is a great idea!

Oh, that's good to know. Our Ohana reservations are at 3:45, so going early won't work (I live in PA and I'm not afraid of a little day drinking either ;)). If we still have room after we finish dinner (doubtful), maybe we'll go. Or maybe take the monorail over another day. Thanks!

BuddyThomas

We are from New Orleans, so we arent afraid of day drinking. We are pros. My dad owns a bar in the French Quarter which is famous for its tropical drinks, so I think he would really get a kick out of this bar.
If you are truly pros (like I am, ha ha), you are not going to be impressed by the strength of these drinks. It's a fun place, for sure, but the drinks that we had could not have given a tiny mouse a buzz. We walked out more sober than when we entered. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom