Trader Sam's Closed for Refurbishment - Does That Mean The CM's Too?

SoManyWasps

The wife and I were there a week ago Sunday and are still raving about the experience. Bartenders were fun and engaging, the crowd was diverse and friendly, the drinks were well made (though perhaps a bit uninspiring) and the atmosphere inside is really incredible. We got a spot at the bar immediately around 8PM, and stayed there well past midnight. In many ways, Trader Sams was the best experience of the trip for us. Cannot recommend enough.

Stevek

So did anyone else get their Green Trader Sam's Hitchiking Ghost Mug today? No way I could make it down at 5 am like some folk...people were waiting 3 hours to buy. Met my daughter down there around 1pm and zero wait. Lots of mugs left for sale.

kkocka

I cruised in at 10 am and was out by 1048 am. Those waiting 2-3 hours in my opinion are/were just suckers and it serves them right for buying into the hype. :p People were up at 4-6 am made a fuss out of nothing. The mug run is 10,000 so they should last for a bit.

mikenatcity1

I cruised in at 10 am and was out by 1048 am. Those waiting 2-3 hours in my opinion are/were just suckers and it serves them right for buying into the hype. :p People were up at 4-6 am made a fuss out of nothing. The mug run is 10,000 so they should last for a bit.

That run seems bigger than last year. I am noticing already the prices going down on eBay for this year's mug...good to know the run was more :)

kkocka

That run seems bigger than last year.
Yeah, well what likely happened was that the wrong number was ordered out of mistake or lack of realization. The number from last year was akin to the event version of the Mahaloween mugs as opposed to the more open ended edition.

Anyway, more importantly 4 new cocktails were added to the menu recently which supports to my statement of the awesome staff. ;) Lead bartender Kelly has really pushed for new drinks and potentially a larger overhaul in the future. To me that speaks volumes to how successful Sam's is in Anaheim and the level of trust the bar staff has from corporate Disney. It's also rather unheard of for a Disney bar to cater to the growing craft movement and guest demand.

Stevek

Yeah, well what likely happened was that the wrong number was ordered out of mistake or lack of realization. The number from last year was akin to the event version of the Mahaloween mugs as opposed to the more open ended edition.

Anyway, more importantly 4 new cocktails were added to the menu recently which supports to my statement of the awesome staff. ;) Lead bartender Kelly has really pushed for new drinks and potentially a larger overhaul in the future. To me that speaks volumes to how successful Sam's is in Anaheim and the level of trust the bar staff has from corporate Disney. It's also rather unheard of for a Disney bar to cater to the growing craft movement and guest demand.
I tried 2 of the drinks, La Florida and Angolada and really didn't like either of them. But at least they are trying to mix it up...don't have to drink what you don't like and there are plenty of other good options.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom