Track plans

woofboy111

Original Poster
I'm not to sure if this is the best place to post this, but does anyone have the track plans to the great movie ride. I can't figure out how this ride moves.

Thanks

9-Eye

Track System

Originally posted by <SRH>
I'm not positive, but doesn't the GMR use the same type of ride system as the Universe Of Energy?

Not really. ...Although the physical make of the ride vehicles are very reminiscent of the Universe of Energy vehicles.

The Great Movie Ride track system is probably closest to that within the Tower of Terror ...that is, there is no track. At least no physical guidence track. GMR vehicles move about the ride interior much like your own car would. Albeit your car would not be guided along by computer. It always amazes me how close to the edge those vehicles come in the loading area without being locked on a "track."

9-Eye

woofboy111

Original Poster
Thanks, but I'm not sure if I didn't make this clear or something in my post, but I was wondering if anyone had blueprints of this ride and where it goes inside of the building. Sorry if I confused you, and thanks for the info anyway...:D

Lee L

At ToT there is most definitely a guide track. The cars roll on the floors but there is a guide ot the top. Next time you are on the ride look up and you will see it.

El_Pato

TOT Ride system

I have spoken with someone who worked for the company that helped with the TOT ride system. Basically each vehicle is what you call an AGV. That stands for Automated Guided Vehicle. It follows either a wire in the ground or magnets embedded in the floor or with new technology one can just download an elevation autocad type map to a special computer on board. Each ride vehicle locks into the elevtor for the ride and then when traveling horizontally it unlocks and is essentialy trackless. I have not heard about this overhead stuff and I do not recall it, but my guess would be that it is just some sort of guide, but not a track.

woofboy111

Original Poster
There is a guide track up there (I'm sure about it) and I think you were right about what you said. It justs helps guide the cars along, while they are following the stuff in the ground. If you look, the overhead track has nothing for the cars to lock into, so if it wasn't following something on the ground, it could easily derail.

Ryan

Okay....well I'm going to break my own rules of "killing the Magic" (I would never tell guests this when I worked at GMR) but the vehicle does follow a "track" at the Great Movie Ride. It runs on a radio frequency and there are three different frequencies it can follow. One for each vehicle (western scene and one for the gangster scene) and then a frequency for the Maintence bay, which is behind the curtain in Fantasia. There has been one time that I know of when a vehicle has lost the hold on the frequency and slammed into the wall just going into Musical Street. Must of been quite a sight. Anyways...I made a VERY ROUGH drawing of how the track looks from the air. I have an official map of the track at home, but it would take me forever to find it. It's in one of my boxes hidden away. I also have the script all Tour Guides use to learn the spiel. (goes to highest bidder...hehehe) This is will give you a hint of what it looks like. Some of the lines should be straighter, but you'll get the idea. Enjoy!

Attachments

• gmr.jpg
    gmr.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 380

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom