Toy Story Playland

RSoxNo1

Actually some very good ideas...
What if the Speedway were moved to EPCOT along with IASW... The Speedway beco,mes a futuristic electrical car ride around the Test Track pavilion... would make perfect sense...freeing up LOTS of extra room.
Circus tents get bulldozed, mountain range extended and new new Frozen land is born...
A spectacular new Peter Pan's flight replaces IASW including a Neverland extension and play area...Like Paris' Adventure Isle. Old Peter Pan becomes new Alice...or better yet, Pooh moves to old Peter Pan, Alice moves into Pooh space so it relates to the Teacups....
If we're moving Peter Pan, I'd move it to the Tomorrowland side and use the attraction space for Tangled and/or Frozen stuff.

matt9112

You complain about no kids rides in AK you get chester and hesters and complain about that...you complain about no kids rides at Hollywood studios...you get________

matt9112

I really think that a C-ticket Cars ride should be a Tomorrowland Speedway for DHS allowing them to remove it in MK.

No....just please never.....that ride needs to die....or stay as is....too much space for a ride that every amusmentioned park in the country has a version of. ;)

Magenta Panther

...... Again… I refused to go into where I get my information from just approve some little boy on the Internet wrong.

Suffice to say… The people I've heard from have told me something different.

Maybe it's all a conspiracy by Diz to confuse us...giving information/misinformation to trusted insiders...both kinds of information, at the same time...maybe we're all being PLAYED. :eek:o_O

Kman101

I fail to see how getting more stuff besides the flat rides makes the flat rides better.

I think there's a place for rides like they have in TSPL. I

Chester and Hester's has a wild mouse coaster, a spinner, and carnival games. And a few big dinos. I'd imagine TSPL would be better themed. Doesn't make it right or better than C&H I guess but still.

For everyone who praises the boardwalk at DCA, um, isn't that more or less the same? Toy Story Midway Mania, carnival games, a swing ride, a ferris wheel ... I mean, come on, that's as cheap as all can be yet people love that area. As do I. I loved walking around it, and that was before the makeover!

Tony Perkis

Chester and Hester's has a wild mouse coaster, a spinner, and carnival games. And a few big dinos. I'd imagine TSPL would be better themed. Doesn't make it right or better than C&H I guess but still.

For everyone who praises the boardwalk at DCA, um, isn't that more or less the same? Toy Story Midway Mania, carnival games, a swing ride, a ferris wheel ... I mean, come on, that's as cheap as all can be yet people love that area. As do I. I loved walking around it, and that was before the makeover!
The difference is there is a world class, boardwalk themed roller coaster anchoring that area.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I fail to see how getting more stuff besides the flat rides makes the flat rides better.
It doesn't, but (IMO) it makes it less of a concern for the larger Disney-going population when it is a part of a larger makeover. The people who do not fit the target demographic get more money of the available budget devoted to rides that would hold more interest to them, and they get an area that will hold the percentage of the guests that do fit the demographic for a longer period of time than one single highly themed dark ride would. More people diverted to one section of the park for a longer period of time, meaning that the other sections of the park would be relieved a little of the crowds.
The flat-rides are not improved by being part of a larger plan, but again IMO, it makes the larger plan likely better overall.

Fantasmicguy

1. Bulldoze Speedway
  2. Relocate IASW to World Showcase
  3. Bulldoze old IASW building
  4. Put Neverland, Wonderland, Tangled dark ride, Bald Mountain and Pleasure Island behind IASW/Mermaid
  5. Pooh mini-land where Tea Cups and Cheshire used to be
  6. Casey Jr. replaces Barnstormer
  7. Tents removed
  8. PPF and Philharmagic used for Mary Poppins dark ride
  9. Princess Fairytale Hall used for Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty dark ride
  10. Tomorrowland expansion where Speedway and area behind it and SM is - Sugar Rush/Hero's Duty E-ticket (similar to RSR), original time-travel trackless dark ride, Plectu's Intergalactic Revue, enclosed trackless flying saucers concept, walkthrough zoo, GotG replaces Stitch, BH6 replaces Buzz, WALL-E replaces Laugh Floor
Removing the Speedway opens up a lot of space for Tomorrowland expansion. And also allows a seamless transition (more seamless) from Fantasy to Tomorrow
Were would "its a small world" go in EPCOT?

wdrive

Love that area? I'm not sure love is the right word. Tolerate might be a better choice.

lazyboy97o

There is not that much praise of Paradise Pier. The entire "shrunk down" concept is really lacking because you're taking already plastic, less intricate objects and making them larger. Paradise Pier at least now has some more texture and warmth to its material palette.

Disneyhead'71

I can't begin to explain how disappointing DCA 1.0 was to me. Particularly the Pier. The Pier was a much hated part of the park by many people. As a matter of fact, I don't know anyone who liked it. It was pretty from across the lagoon but up close it was

westcot2_dca2006ww.jpg

Kman101

The difference is there is a world class, boardwalk themed roller coaster anchoring that area.

The theming is better, sure, but a coaster is still a coaster. I'd hardly call it world class but that's simply my own opinion on it. It doesn't change the fact that area is just as cheaply done as Chester and Hester's and other carnival areas. I'm also critical of Springfield in Universal for this reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom