Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Goofyernmost

I often wonder about the enclosed coaster concept and how Disney is changing away from that. Really to my knowledge Disney only has two enclosed coasters. Space Mountain and RnRC. You can look at the building for both all day and unless you have seen pictures or been inside you would not know they were Coasters. However, all the others are obviously coasters and are seen, from outside, that they are coasters. Matterhorn, Thunder Mountain, Everest all of which Ray Charles could have seen was a coaster without ever stepping foot inside or seeing a single sign. So again the distortion that all the coasters were hidden. Themed yes! Therefore, the coaster in TSL is themed as a toy left outside by a kid that stopped playing with it. It is a subtle theme, but, it is a theme. One doesn't have to be shown (or in this case, not shown) an obvious structure to understand what it is trying to convey. Think outside of the box or in this case outside of the buildings.

Goofyernmost

The toys in Toy Story all seemed to be able to play together, regardless of scale. Have you seen children play? Barbies and teddy bears all are included. A riding tractor may race a Hot Wheels. I'm sure I will be transported, whether I am the size of a green Army man, or Rex and Hamm. :)
That would be because kids are not bogged down by being an adult. We are our own preventers of enjoyment.

jt04

The budget was cut because it was an incredibly obscene amount of money for very little. Even after the cuts, the budget is still obscene. Slinky Dog Dash is costing Disney more than double what it would cost other parks to build a launched steel coaster.

Wait, somebody built a coaster with Disney level theming?

jt04

DDCNy2HXsAAUGYF.jpg

DDCK3EgXoAAoEiK.jpg

Complements of https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct

I wouldn't be surprised to see them testing trains by next month.

Marlins1

Looks like a very fun family coaster with some actual mild air time. Won't solve all the HS problems by a long shot but these rides look like very good additions to me. Disney parks need overall sophistication but not every attraction has to fit that mode. Dumbo, Tea Party etc. are original Disney too and are part of the fun.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Blog Mickey has some aerials up as well showing that pathways are already being worked on in TSL. Do they normally lay those this far in advance?

Since they probably aren't going to have a lot of heavy equipment going through that area, they might have decided to put the paths in early.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I can't figure out this piece. This is the second launch and it appears the track is in place, but the brownish supports, which are probably for the rings shown in the concept art, pass over the track and don't look high enough for the train to go under.

upload_2017-6-23_20-59-14.png

upload_2017-6-23_20-59-33.png

No Name

I can't figure out this piece. This is the second launch and it appears the track is in place, but the brownish supports, which are probably for the rings shown in the concept art, pass over the track and don't look high enough for the train to go under.

View attachment 211825

View attachment 211826

Wow, he's gonna have to really duck and squeeze through! And I thought this was impressive...
;)

image.jpeg

(concept art from D23 2015)

uncle jimmy

Premium Member

View attachment 211825

View attachment 211826
I would think the brown supports are to hold the cement in place while the area around the structure is still being worked on, or so the wall don't cave in... its to keep the spacing and structure intact, I believe. You can see in between the those brown supports, markings for the the rings to sit in.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I would think the brown supports are to hold the cement in place while the area around the structure is still being worked on, or so the wall don't cave in... its to keep the spacing and structure intact, I believe. You can see in between the those brown supports, markings for the the rings to sit in.

Yeah, I think you are right, and that's the only thing that makes sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom