Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

roj2323

I was at HS last Saturday. I was trying to picture how this park will look during construction. The Backlot tour area still appears to have some props just sitting in place and rusting. Will we start to see construction walls go up blocking off the Streets of American area? And has an announcement been made as to when LMS will close?

There should be a wall just after TSMM, another one circling the back side of the New York City backdrop from the coffee shop to the entrance of muppets and further walls from the exit of muppets all the way to the entry of LMA if that is not being closed as well. Over by OMD and Mermaid you likely will not see any walls for a while but they should pop up closer to Christmas 2016.

doctornick

So, do we have any idea for the timeframe for this built to open? It seems like it could be built pretty quickly if desired -- and DHS needs it to be opened ASAP -- but it's a bit disappointing that no visible signs of constructions have began yet (I would have hoped that the backstage stuff like relocated services could have begun in 2014 after the BLT closed).

I'm still hoping for an opening by the end of 2017 (and Star Wars opening in 2019), but I don't know if that is unrealistic.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So, do we have any idea for the timeframe for this built to open? It seems like it could be built pretty quickly if desired -- and DHS needs it to be opened ASAP -- but it's a bit disappointing that no visible signs of constructions have began yet (I would have hoped that the backstage stuff like relocated services could have begun in 2014 after the BLT closed).

I'm still hoping for an opening by the end of 2017 (and Star Wars opening in 2019), but I don't know if that is unrealistic.

If construction really gets going in early January, I think they could have it open by the end of 2017.

boufa

It wouldn't be impossible to open for summer 2017. Depends if the leopards really changed its spots.
The only way to see if the leopard has changed its spots is to wait outside it's den for it to come out, to see.

... until the construction starts, there is no way to judge the speed. So lets drop a pile of raw meat on the ground outside the den and see what comes out.

Goofnut1980

I am thinking we will see these parts of the park open around 2019-2020? I would imagine it would take 3-4 years at min to build. Didn't the Cali Adventure take 5 years to complete?

Next Big Thing

That's the push. But more likely for summer 2018.
Not getting my hopes up for next year. Not that there's anything ground breaking about this land anyway, it's just something DHS needs.

Not sure how much you know or can share, but by that April 2nd date, how much backstage activity should we be seeing going on in the meantime?

djkidkaz

At the earliest TSL would be Summer 2018. That's 2 and a half years which seems to be about the average time it takes them to build new lands like fantasyland and avatar. And I don't buy that they are fast tracking any of this to speed up the process when it's going to take them almost a year to convert pizza planet into another pizza restaurant with a new theme.

SCOTLORR

My family and I are shooting for Christmas 2017 as our next trip (staying away from DHS while it's half of a half-day park). What are the chances TSL is opened by then? It'll be our first time down there for Christmas, so that would just be the icing on top.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom