1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Tower Of Terror (UPDATED, PLEASE REREAD)

Discussion in 'How do they do that?' started by MattyMitch, Aug 15, 2015.

1. lifeguard1020

lifeguard1020 Active Member

I'm mostly curious about at what point in the ride to the vehicles recharge. I'm assuming at Load because that's the time they are still the longest, but you never know...

2. Rob562

Rob562 Well-Known Member

Unload. It's the only time they're sitting still while actually resting on the floor.

At Load they're one floor up inside the shaft, which would require building all of the charging systems into all four VVC's or attached to the shaft walls in some way.

-Rob

3. MattyMitch

MattyMitch Member Original Poster

Here is a photo of the load panel.
    I assume the buttons are:
    E stop
    Ride Stop
    Doors
    Status Lights
    Dispatch
    Prerecorded Announcements

Don't know, just my guess. Anybody else know or want to share?

Attached Files:

Kram Sacul likes this.
  4. Rob562

Rob562 Well-Known Member

Top right is E-stop. As far as I know, that would stop the entire ride system on that half of the building, but possibly only that shaft.

Red button above bottom right is a lift hold button. As soon as the load doors open, the CM pushes it down (it stays down). This holds the lift in place no matter what. To dispatch, the CM must pull the button back up and then press Advance, which is the bottom right.

There are no door controls that I know if, though there is a manual physical release above the door.

Upper left is communication, each button connects the phone to a different station in-building.

-Rob

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    amazingwdw and MattyMitch like this.
  5. MattyMitch

MattyMitch Member Original Poster

What would the buttons do under the estop? Also what about the rotary switch on the left of the estop?