Tower of Terror less impressive/"effective" in the morning?

Marc Davis Fan

I'm taking a first-time visitor to WDW, and I was planning to start the experience with a bang, by making Tower of Terror her first ride (the plan for the first day was ToT/RnRC in the morning, then FriendShip boat to Epcot for the afternoon/evening).

But someone pointed out to me recently that ToT might not have the same ominous, suspenseful, foreboding presence at 9:00 AM, and instead that it's much better in the late-afternoon / dusk... especially for a first-time rider.

Does it make that much of a difference? Or will it be comparably impressive/effective first thing in the morning? Does anyone have experience with taking a first-time rider in the morning?

Thank you so much in advance, I really appreciate it!

belledream

I think it is extra spooky at night, but I wouldn't derail your entire day's plan to accommodate that. Broad daylight is fun too. You get the great view of HS (and actually be able to see/distinguish things), and there's something equally suspenseful about seeing the elevator doors open up to the bright lights and hot, FL air.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I wouldn't wait. When you get there in the morning, she will hear the screams from guests experiencing their drops. The queue, the music, the lobby still can set the right mood during the day. She may already have a nervous feeling about the TOT drops, so it won't matter. Then the rest of the attraction is the same day or night until you get to the view from the drop. Why not plan on doing a ride during the morning, then follow up with a nighttime ride so she can compare. The nighttime outside view is creepier but letting her experience it during the day then gives her the time to regroup and decide about a follow up ride.

Upvote 0

cmb5002

The ride itself is nicer during the day for the quick view you get of the park while at the top. I think the approach to the ride and walking through the queue is better thematically at dusk or dark.

I wouldn't change your morning plans, just try to ride it at night too. Take your time and try to appreciate the queue and how it builds you up to the ride. It's my favorite of the entire resort.

And let me be the first to wish you a warm welcome back for those of you who made it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom