Tower of Terror getting the movie treatment...again

champdisney

I rather play the Tower of Tower as a semi-horror surival game where you investigate around the hotel searching for clues. Anyways, I'm still waiting on the Mansion.

Cmdr_Crimson

When I first read thearticle about another ToT movie...
fEpcJ4.gif

One time's enough...Let's not make it worse...

Daveeeeed

I know it has been a long time since a post, but there is no reason why a Tower of Terror movie is not good. The first one was just a TV movie, it had no real purpose. The Jungle Cruise movie has promise as well. Dwayne Johnson, or the originally casted Tom Hanks & Tim Allen both sound really good, story dependent of corse as with any movie.
By definitely Guillermo Del Toro's Haunted Mansion looks to be spectacular!

prberk

If they got the right actors and went a little more in depth on the characters that vanished in the elevator I think it could be a great full length movie if done right

That might be true, and I actually did not mind the TV movie for what it was, but I think the attraction is best left just as it is: an exquisitely themed attraction. Leave well-enough alone, but in this case well-enough is near-perfect.

I would say if it has to be made the basis for a screenplay, make it a Twilight Zone "episode," perhaps a special packaged with other "episodes." (I know that TZ is not on any more, but it could be a TV special.) But really a short-story teleplay such as any normal classic Twilight Zone episode is the only completely appropriate screen adaptation. The subject matter lends itself to a quirky short story like, but trying to make it longer has the same problem as every movie that every tried to make a Saturday Night Live skit into a feature film: Sometimes the subject matter is better short and just an experience, not something long and drawn out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom