Tower of Terror Fuse Boxes

Kyle Higgins

Original Poster
I read in a book that there is a couple of old Fuse boxes in the boiler room in the Tower of Terror. Apparently you can pull them and something will happen. Does anyone know if this exists/still works or what it does?

Tom

Beta Return
I've never heard of such a thing. Doesn't mean it isn't true, but seems like this would be more well-known by now.

Cmdr_Crimson

I read in a book that there is a couple of old Fuse boxes in the boiler room in the Tower of Terror. Apparently you can pull them and something will happen. Does anyone know if this exists/still works or what it does?

Found this quote on Hiddenmickeys.org
To add detail to the boiler room, ride designers added several large fusebox/breakers from the time period. They are located on your left, as you leave the study/library through the false wall/door. They actually work (not not electricity but they move) You can take a box breaker lever and throw it up or down, depending on its orientation as you get to it. It will make a LOUD POP. The larger boxes make the best noise.

mergatroid

I thought it was because when the lever was pulled an elevator full of people did a free fall down 13 stories and scared a lot of people so they stopped it.

Well there was that too, but that lady being electrocuted and setting on fire and burning was possibly the final straw.

These fuse boxes in the boiler room were within reach of the que. It was nothing special as these fuseable disconnect boxes are spring loaded and make a loud noise as you open or close the lever. This wasn't anything that was done by imagineers because in real life these boxes make this noise. I used to pull the levers to scare girls and strike up a conversation back in highschool. Hindsight being 20 20 maybe wdw wasn't the best place to pick up girls. I guess when you're 16 you don't realize these girls have parents or chaperones to report to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom