Tower of Teror Rose Parade Float Info.

bryon1

Original Poster
Tower of Terror Rose Parade Float Info.

Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with WDW but, a TOT tie-in....

Disneyland(R) Resort Presents Tallest Float in Tournament of Roses History In the 115th Rose Parade, January 1, 2004
Tuesday October 21, 3:00 pm ET

The Float Offers Spectators a Preview of the Spring 2004 Grand Opening of 'The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror(TM)' at Disney's California Adventure(TM) Park

ANAHEIM, Calif., Oct. 21 /PRNewswire/ -- Millions of Rose Parade viewers worldwide will get a preview of "The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror," an exciting new thrill attraction coming to Disney's California Adventure park, when the Disneyland Resort presents a parade float inspired by the attraction in the 115th Annual Rose Parade on Thursday, January 1, 2004.

Dubbed "A Sudden Drop In Pitch" in keeping with the 2004 Rose Parade theme of Music Music Music, the float will be the tallest in Rose Parade history, with a height of nearly 100 feet -- so tall it has to be designed to fold down when the Parade goes under freeway overpasses. Its design sets the mysterious, imposing "Tower of Terror" hotel in the midst of Disney's California Adventure landmarks.

Thanks to some Disney magical special effects, lightning will strike the tower, imperiling live passengers on a damaged and dangerously shaking elevator while the well-known musical theme from "The Twilight Zone" plays. Observing the adventure from below is Mickey Mouse.

The inspiration for the float is the all-new, highly anticipated "Twilight Zone Tower of Terror," which opens spring 2004 in Disney's California Adventure. Based on the classic TV series, it will transport park guests into their very own "Twilight Zone" episode featuring a mysterious hotel tower and a terrifying, unpredictable elevator.

Creekboy25

I wonder if i will be able to get up close and personal wiht it, because i will be marching in the parade this year....

Does anyone think that the CA TOT willl have previews first week of january, because we will be able to go to one of the disney parks and i was wondering which one to go to.

Look for me, ambridge area high school band

bryon1

Original Poster
Sorry, From what I hear....ToT is to have its Grand "Dropping" sometime in May.

Check out my post on the Disneyland page with a DCA TOT update...

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30632

Best of Luck in the Parade....My guess is that they will have the TOT unit near the governors house and the Marching Bands usually enter from the other side of the 210 freeway....

(I could be totaly wrong Im not the rose parade folks.....)

Abercrombie Kid

Wow Disney really is kicking the marketing machine up for this attraction. TOT is sure to be the flagship of DCA (other than Soarin.) It's great that this version will be somewhat different, no doubt a wise descion so that the are able to capture the sprit of the orginal with some new effects and techology. The float sounds awesome , i'm guessing that it will be the #1 float in the parade. Combining Disney's hogriculure skills with their amazing Imagineering talent is what will make this float amazing. Not only to it create for both TOT and the Disneyland Resort it also gives viewers a chance to see that Disney is till the Disney we know and love, who dares to dream the impossible. TOT is an excellent addition and will do what DCA has needed a HUGE E-ticket.

This is the first time i'm ever gonna watch the rose parade just for this. Don't forget the rose bowl after!

ISTCrew20

WOW...I hope its not true, but it sounds that they just redid that advertisment on the median by the Epcot Resort Exit down here. It sounds exactly like it. Iif you dont know what Im talking about, its the one on the street when your by MGM, with the rotating elevator, and the people inside, with the lights making it look like lightning is hitting it...

I hope they dont take ours!!!:eek:

bryon1

Original Poster
Yep the same but, it will have real people in the elevator shaft and have part of DCA's Screemin and the Sun wheel on the float. This will be in three D not 1 D. Dont forget this is the tallest float ever built.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom