Tour groups the first week into February? Help?

Shelly3630

Original Poster
How are the Brazilian Tour Groups during the first week of February? We are staying at AoA and I am thinking of pushing the dates to the end of the month to avoid them, so should I?

disney4life2008

February tour groups is less of a concern but more of the holidays during the month. If I recall Presidents Day is during that month so that severely impacts the parks. Also, its not just about the tour groups - its the cheerleading competitions and sports teams that impact January and February.

MissingDisney

February tour groups is less of a concern but more of the holidays during the month. If I recall Presidents Day is during that month so that severely impacts the parks. Also, its not just about the tour groups - its the cheerleading competitions and sports teams that impact January and February.
We were at one of the All Stars (???) in Feb. during a "Twirling Competition". Who knew. Never again. Dare I say, I will take Pop Warner over flying pieces if metal being thrown everywhere. Balls bounce. Metal sticks, not so much.

disney4life2008

We were at one of the All Stars (???) in Feb. during a "Twirling Competition". Who knew. Never again. Dare I say, I will take Pop Warner over flying pieces if metal being thrown everywhere. Balls bounce. Metal sticks, not so much.

LOL I love All Stars but man - when those cheerleaders and sports teams are there - it becomes a playground. When you add in the parents - it becomes unbearable. I always end up calling the front desk at sports because the kids play out in the fields at 3am.

MissingDisney

It was several years ago. We loved the All Stars and Pop when the kids were younger. They were so immersed in the over-the-top colors and bigger-than-life decorations. The crowds, bus situation, busy food court never bothered us. It was full of families on a budget, just like us, having fun. But when those sports groups came in, look the frack out.

We've since moved to the mods, our kids actually prefer the more laid back pace and the opportunity to feel like they're stepping away from the craziness for awhile. The only mod we encountered a group was at CBR a few years back. Pop Warner-as I understand it, it was the first and last time they placed them all there. They were trying something new that failed miserably. Had I known they were going to be there I would have booked us somewhere else. By the time they arrived, we were nearing the end of our 2 week trip. It was awful. The resort manager offered to move us to a deluxe for the remainder of our stay, but it really wasn't worth The trouble. He did some other nice things for us which we greatly appreciated. The crazy thing is, we asked for nothing and never actually complained, he happened to be walking by and saw what was going on and asked if we were part of Pop Warner. I think he saw the disgust on our faces regarding the conversation that was happening around us (we were poolside). I got up to go inside to get some snacks and beverages and we started talking. I didn't even know who he was.

I still like the value resorts, love Pop, and would go back to them in a heartbeat. It cracks me up when people talk about them like the're so awful. I'd rather spend less on lodging and more on experiences than all of our money on a deluxe and be strapped on everything else. To each his/her own!

It all comes down to planning and preference. I do know this, I would never stay at any resort of any level if it was booked up with any huge tour group from any country, of any sport, etc. etc. etc.

MissingDisney

Just checked the calendar, not sure where they are staying but the national dance championships go through February 1, 2015 and in the national high school cheerleading championships run through February 8, 2015. You may want to follow up on where they're staying just to be sure.

Shelly3630

Original Poster
Just checked, the cheerleading competition is the 7-8 officially. I'm sure they can show up a little earlier and stay a little later if they want. The resorts are the all-stars, cbr, csr and pop. The only thing I worry with is the fact that the ones at pop might venture over to use the food court, pools, and just to sight see and such. POFQ is available for aroun $330 more, so I am wondering if it would be worth it to switch.

Shelly3630

Original Poster
No, its for all 5 nights. I could go at the end of February as well. I just don't want my resort time ruined by any tour group that might come through. (And I am a cheer mom!)

PHS79

In February 8-16 2013 we stayed at AoA, at the beginning of our trip there were a couple of cheer groups staying at AoA but nothing bad. We walked over to Pop, and OMG it seemed like they were EVERYWHERE over there!! Then at the end of out trip is when some foreign groups started to show up at the parks, but didn't see any at AoA or Pop. But in the parks the foreign groups were trying to block off parts of Main Street USA to take pictures and do cheers, also they seemed very rude. I was very glad that it was at the end of our trip.

That was part of the reason that we decided to book our up coming trip at the end of February.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom