totally odd family traditions

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster
I thought I would ask every one what their odd family Disney Park Traditions are.
Not like always getting a dole whip, or ride it's a small world....

Things that make others totally shake their head and look at you wierd!

Thanks!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
We always do MK on the first day.

Up until our last trip (where we stayed at Contemporary, so could walk), it was a tradition to ride the ferry to MK for the first visit.

We always enter through the right tunnel of the train station and stop at the merch stand there to buy our autograph book.

None of this is weird, but things we do.

Dwarful

We stroll down Main St. USA singing "I'm walking right down the middle of Main St. USA"

We also do the "I L L " shout out to anyone we see wearing U of I shirts or hats and may occasionally break out into song if we see someone wearing Chief Illiniwek....that is usually pretty rare since NCAA banned him. We can always tell who is alumni or fan vs. who is just wearing the shirt by their reply. (we should hear a nice loud I N I - to spell out Illini). That one gets some serious looks from people who have no clue what we are doing.

Last year we were in line for Winnie the Pooh and we saw a big family group in line. grandpa had a Chief hat and we did the shout out right there in line. One of the grown sons told my daughter 'you just made his WHOLE trip.'

dreynolds1982

Not sure how weird any of these are, but:
  • Ride the full monorail loop (more for the spiel than anything else)
  • Walk the suspension bridge in the DAK lobby, even if we're not staying there (OK maybe that one is a little weird)
  • Ride the TTA. Don't care how busy it is or what else we are doing, we will always make time for the TTA.
  • Eat at Jiko, ordering the Filet w/ Mac n Cheese. Not on the public menu anymore, but I'm so glad they continue to allow special orders if it.
  • Look for the "ring" (yeah I know it's not a real ring) in the ground outside of the HM exit.
I'm sure there are others but I'm drawing a blank right now.

MickeyisMyBestFriend

:hungover:98
Not sure how weird any of these are, but:
  • Ride the full monorail loop (more for the spiel than anything else)
  • Walk the suspension bridge in the DAK lobby, even if we're not staying there (OK maybe that one is a little weird)
  • Ride the TTA. Don't care how busy it is or what else we are doing, we will always make time for the TTA.
  • Eat at Jiko, ordering the Filet w/ Mac n Cheese. Not on the public menu anymore, but I'm so glad they continue to allow special orders if it.
  • Look for the "ring" (yeah I know it's not a real ring) in the ground outside of the HM exit.
I'm sure there are others but I'm drawing a blank right now.
I don't think that is too weird:) Welcome to the forum!

EnchantedRose

We always have lunch at Pizza Planet when were in DHS...for some reason we feel it tastes better! It's one of those weird thing...that has become tradition! Our day in DHS doesn't feel complete without it!

Across TSMM they have a snack kiosk...where i MUST always get a Wheezy's Freezy Breezy....again it's become one of those things that after a few trips we realized we did all the time!

If possible...MK is always our first and last park on every trip.

On our AK day - we always go to DTD for dinner afterwards for some WGP!

And in Dino Land in AK...they have the blue car cut out...we always take pics of our son there. We have one of EVERY TRIP! and on our last trip started the same tradition with our youngest!

Goofyernmost

This isn't in the park related, but, our very first trip to WDW from Vermont, we started our trip with a stop a McDonalds for an Egg McMuffin. Since that day in February 1983, every road trip, WDW or not, has started with that ritual. I guess it came from the most perfect trip we or I ever took, and think of it as a good luck charm. I still do it, even as a solo traveler now that I live in NC. Still requires a quick stop at MickeyD's.

docdebbi

Hawaiin shirt day at Animal Kingdom
every trip....no matter who I go with!

wdw201329715414459_6873542742-jpg.43973

Susan Savia

It's not really 'odd' but we always go to Epcot after wer'e all checked in etc., and we always check and see if Off Kilter is on and rush there. (Too bad they won't be for long...) I do take a picture of my son (now 28) in Italy in the same spot each trip and have since he was 2.

Monkee Girl

my tradition is I buy chocolate rocks for who ever I am traveling with.

It started on my first trip with my cousin and her daughter back in 2005. I was at the store and found these awesome candies (basically M&Ms but look like pebbles and stones). I bought a pack for a friend's 10 year old boy thinking he would like them and then bought a pack for me to eat on the plane ride.

I didn't eat them on the plane but I busted them out on the Magical Express. my cousin saw them and made a face asking what they were. I told her and she made another face. But she wanted some cause they were hungry. Next thing I know the whole carton was gone when we reached the resort. From them on, I have to make sure I bring the chocolate rocks for our Magical Express Ride. I get reminders to, lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom