Totality!

epcotisbest

Original Poster
It was spectacular!
We had about 40 seconds of totality here and the corona view without the glasses for that brief amount of time was beautiful to see. The street lamps here at the house came on, the temperature dropped several degrees, and the dogs started barking.
My playlist I got timed right, so very close to the start of totality "Boom, boom, out go the lights" started playing. I had it set for only about 45 seconds, then the music went straight into "Here comes the sun." Nice timing.

Last edited:

93boomer

Premium Member
It was spectacular!
We had about 40 seconds of totality here and the corona view without the glasses for that brief amount of time was beautiful to see. The street lamps here at the house came on, the temperature dropped several degrees, and the dogs started barking.
My playlist I got timed right, so very close to the start of totality "Boom, boom, out go the lights" started playing. I had it set for only about 45 seconds, then the music went straight into "Here comes the sun." Nice timing.
Oh good! I'm glad you got to see it. We had some cloud cover here with breaks in the clouds at totality but it did get dark enough to look like late evening. But, the house got very dark inside. Kinda eery but in a good way. :)

21stamps

It was spectacular!

Awesome!! Someone brought a telescope to work so we could view it.

This is the best photo I could get with my phone..
IMG_3370.JPG

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Great song!

Off topic-
Impatiently waiting for your next trip report..

We are headed back this fall, but it is going to be a SeaWorld/Discovery Cove trip. Maybe a visit to Disney Springs and an afternoon resort hopping, but that would hardly make for a trip report, already did that one.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
For @21stamps thought you might like to see this for some reason. It is a double bloom hibiscus that opened up on eclipse day. Too busy watching the eclipse to take photo then, but remembered later, and the dark background makes the flower really pop.

image.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom