ToT in California

Lhriangel

That's exactly my point. I will reserve my judgement until I see how it is done. It's definately one of those "one time" rides for me. I have now overcome most of my fear of rollercoasters, but not of falling.

I do think we need more new attractions like Soaring at DCA to bring in new people. Innovative, family attractions is what Disney has been about for so long and it should continue to be that way.

I hope my last post made sense... I wrote it after calc. and didn't realize I was typing so much when I wrote it and now am afraid to proof it.

dianedisney

I am so looking forward to ToT being finished. I live in Washington State so it is less expensive for me to fly down twice a year for a quick 3 day weekend trip than flying from one extreme point (Pacific Northwest) to another (Orlando) that flight in itself in a day out of my vacation time. Anaheim is a quick 2hrs flight and if I keep an eye on fares usually alot cheaper. If the two states were next to each other I could understand the copy aspect of it, but your talking west coast verses east coast. Everyone have a safe Memorial Weekend and a Disney Day!!:wave:

DLMAGICDARREN

Originally posted by dianedisney
I am so looking forward to ToT being finished. I live in Washington State so it is less expensive for me to fly down twice a year for a quick 3 day weekend trip than flying from one extreme point (Pacific Northwest) to another (Orlando) that flight in itself in a day out of my vacation time. Anaheim is a quick 2hrs flight and if I keep an eye on fares usually alot cheaper. If the two states were next to each other I could understand the copy aspect of it, but your talking west coast verses east coast. Everyone have a safe Memorial Weekend and a Disney Day!!:wave:

Every time I fly from Washington to Los Angeles it's been a 3 hour flight, and that's if I'm lucky enough to find a direct flight. I fly from Orlando to Spokane frequently, and usually get just as good a rate for Spokane as I do to Los Angeles. I know Washington is closer in miles to Californinia then Florida is, but it's really just as easy to fly from Washington to Florida as it is to California. An extra couple hours of flight time does not really make the flight an entire day instead of a few hours. I suppose the 3 hour time difference, can make it seem longer then it really is, but you gain it back when you fly home.

Just because they are on different time zones, people do travel the different coasts. Minnesota and California are just as far from each other as well, but they are also very different parts of the country as well.

I am glad West Coasters that don't travel to Florida are getting TOT, but lots of West Coasters do! And the duplicate attractions only give them one less reason to continue wanting to travel to Anaheim instead of Orlando.

dianedisney

Sorry...Seattle to John Wayne Airport is 2:40 minutes I stand corrected. But my point is if you are limited on time and money that DLR is more convenient. I am hoping the rumor I heard from an Alaska Airlines is correct, he said there is a GOOD chance that Alaska will be flying into the MCO market maybe next year. They are expanding one-two cities per year and it would be wonderful if Alaska does fly into Orlando. Have a Disney Day!!

DLMAGICDARREN

I've never flown to John Wayne Airport (I almost always use LAX myself), perhaps they have better deals then I have found.

I agree 100% that if you are lucky enough to have a weekend that allows you to visit a Disney resort, between the amount of time, and the time zones not changing, DLR probably does make more sense for you. And now you can experiance TOT on your own coast.

Certainly anybody on the west coast is going to have an easier time getting to the California resort over WDW.

But I still say that the average traveler going to Disney, does not do so for a weekend alone. And I've found the fares very comparable whether I fly to Orlando or Los Angeles.

Many people who have an easier time going to DLR, who can't visit WDW as often will benefit from the resort adding TOT. Likewise when WDW added Star Tours, many people living closer to WDW were probably just as estatic, since they were unable to hop over to Disneyland.

However I still stand by my original thoughts, most people don't live anywhere near any Disney park, so they have to pick a destination. True Washington is far closer to Disneyland, then Walt Disney World, but the same could be said for the states neighboring Florida, that WDW is far closer for that group.

Getting a dup attraction, does benefit a small percentage of guiests that would otherwidse never see the other resort that had the attraction in the first place. Yet the majority of US citizens have it in their mind going to Disney is a vacation, and although one resort is certainly fewer miles over the other resort, both require a flight of a few hours. They look for reasons to validate why they should choose a particular resort. And with WDW having four parks, DLR needs all the reasons they can come up with to make that resort unique and specail.

Looking at a list of many of the same attractions, but WDW has twice the number of parks, that family is going to choose WDW. I know there are exceptions to this rule. Passionate Disney fans like we all are (or we would not be in websites like this), would consider visiting a Disney park simply because they opened a new vending cart (OK so not literally, but we are the exception). The average guests know so very little about the park and it's history, they simply compare the numbers to choose which resort they prefer.

Make no mistake, I am very fond of DLR, I grew up there, and would never argue for a moment that Disneyland is not the most special park of all. But the entire reason for the expansion, was to turn it into a multi day experiance, instead of a one day trip mostly for locals.

TOT will be an exciting enhancement, but the real reason for the excitement is just that, a brand new attraction. Imagance how locals would have been able to brag, if they were getting an attraction just as elaborate as TOT, but yet unique to the California resort, something along the lines of Soarin Over California. Nobody would even have TOT in the back of their mind. They would be using the very arguement that the California resort offers different and unique things over WDW.

If they had done that, then Disneyland would still be getting an attraction, but it may have excited more people in the country to possibly vacation at DLR rather then WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom