TOT Improvement/standup style

the ceo at wdw

Original Poster
Does anyone remember when they had that comercial on T.V ; were the kids went on TOT and were standing? Like a real elevator? I dont know if any of u remember I do . What if they made TOT were u stand up like a real elevator? But they could use the restaints used for a standup rollercoaster. I think that would be more exiting. What do u think. U know how disney wants to increase the fear alll the time so why not have it standing up? Do u understand ? ok what do you think???:confused: :) :) ;) ;) ;) :confused: :confused: ok

laterzz

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by the ceo at wdw
Does anyone remember when they had that comercial on T.V ; were the kids went on TOT and were standing? Like a real elevator? I dont know if any of u remember I do . What if they made TOT were u stand up like a real elevator? But they could use the restaints used for a standup rollercoaster. I think that would be more exiting. What do u think. U know how disney wants to increase the fear alll the time so why not have it standing up? Do u understand ? ok what do you think???:confused: :) :) ;) ;) ;) :confused: :confused: ok

They could do that, but I think it would decrease the amount of people they would be able to allow on the ride... and for Disney, that's not good. :(

the ceo at wdw

Original Poster
Yeah that's true and disabled people couldnt ride they would only be able to stand. Some old people wouldn't like standing too but anywayzz. Any other suggestions or comments?

Tramp

Originally posted by the ceo at wdw
Hey!!!!!! What if one side of the tower is stand up; and the other is sitt down? How bout that??? Let ,me know. Any other comments?

I like it.....as long as the restraints didn't prevent you from experiencing the zero G-forces that truly give you a great sensation. It would be an interesting feeling to float in a standing position, even for a second or two, as the elevator dropped.

the ceo at wdw

Original Poster
Here is a picture i did on paint its messy but u can get the big picture, ok ok thanx

tell me what u think ok laterz

Attachments

• tot.bmp
    935.4 KB · Views: 124

StarscreamLSU

I think the trick is making it so you could stand up and not break your legs. Even with a harness, the amount of pressure when you suddenly stop on a drop (or start to shoot right up), plus that little thing we like to call gravity could potentially break your leg.

Great idea, but a little risky if ya ask me. Stupid Physics.

StarscreamLSU

becuase you don't take a quick straight down drop, there is usually a slope that takes some of the pressure/stress out of the G's.

Also, you're not taking a sudden downward drop to your feet/legs and then another surge up. After talking to a guy at work, who is a physics major, in order be able to stand up on the ToT what would have to happen is this:

1) it would be one straight drop down, no double or triple drops.The pressure put on your legs/ feet could fracture a bone. In order to have these drops the pick ups would have to slow down to relieve some of the pressure.

2) the drop would have to slow down considerably towards the end of the ride for like two stories..this would reduce the pressure. So there really wouldn't be a sudden stop.

3) would have to strap down your legs somehow, otherwise they could be pulled from right under you. Thats why some drop rides have that little shelf you sit on -it helps to stablize you. So you might as well just sit down anyway.

He said it would be possible, but it would take ALOT of research time and testing plus redesigning that may 'cheapen' the thrill of the ride.

Mikejakester

He is totally right

I'm all the way with StarscreamLSU. Besides injuries it will take away the whole sensation of freedom... in TOT there just a bar holding you, giving you sensation of freedom and lift, other wise taken away by the shoulder restrains that would have to be put up if the ride would be stand up... Juts like the new nitro rollercoaster, your practically free in your seat... That's what gives you the adrenaline, feeling the danger but thinking your gonna be safe at the same time. I just think the harness on the shoulder would just throw away the danger part, besides the pressure on leg, altho you can manage that by putting a bicycle kind of seat which takes away most of the pressure by transferring to the pelvic region, that's what most stand up rollecoaster I've been to use. but then again put that on TOT and all sensation and freedom is lost.:D

woofboy111

I don't know how it is, but I heard that Six Flags over Gorgia opened up a standup freefall. Someone should go and check it out for us!

Splash Freak

If they want to make it stand-up they could do it. What they could do is after your board the floor lowers enuf so they your feet have oh say 1 foot to dangle. Now that would be awsome.

Maria

I´ve been almost standing in ToT and was not any pleasant! I love ToT, but this one time, a fat guy was seating next to me so the bar didn´t touch my lap, and from the first drop, I stood up without being able to sit down again! Awful and scary! :(

woofboy111

I love sitting next to a fat person (unless its in the front row), because of how you float after the first drop. It's great how you "fly" for a second. (to me at least)

woofboy111

Originally posted by Maria
hehe.... I guess I am not that brave... ;)

So, have you ever tried "the seat???" (middle seat in back with a seatbelt instead of a lapbar) That's a lot of fun espically if you keep your feet about two inches off of the ground the whole time you're droping!!!;) ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom