Top Ten Sick Day Movies

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just because. Here are mine, in order from 1-4, and in no particular order after that. Can't wait to read yours:

1. The Princess Bride
2. The Devil Wears Prada
3. LOTR Trilogy, the Extended Versions (yes, all three movies count as one entry)
4. My Fair Lady
5. American Dreamer
6. Wall-E
7. Mulan
8. Love Actually
9. Notting Hill
10. Guardians of the Galaxy

epcotisbest

1. LOTR trilogy
2. Raiders of the Lost Ark
3. Ghostbusters
4. My Fair Lady
5. Beauty and the Beast
6. Mary Poppins
7. National Treasure
8. Original Star Wars Trilogy
9. Wrath of Khan
10. Pride and Prejudice

Some good choices here. I'm guessing from your screen name you must be pretty happy right about now.

prberk

If it is a snow day and not necessarily a sick day, I would like to watch Snowball Express, a quaint Disney movie from the seventies about a family taking over a ski resort, that I still like. It is nice and family-friendly, and just plain fun for a snow day.

Old Yeller is a also a good one to curl up with. Then follow it with its sequel, Savage Sam.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Original Poster
1. The Wizard of OZ
2. Forrest Gump
3. Casablanca
4. Men in Black
5. The Fugative
6. It's a Wonderful Life
7. Field of Dreams
8. Rocky
9. Remember The Titans
10. E.T.

I think that hubby and I may be the only two people on the planet who have never seen Forrest Gump. :eek:

epcotisbest

I think that hubby and I may be the only two people on the planet who have never seen Forrest Gump. :eek:

Just take my word for it and go buy Forrest Gump on Blu-Ray, watch it on surround sound with the volume turned up and be prepared to laugh and cry. It is a great movie.
A little story...when this movie first came out, we went to watch it in theaters about six times. I was so enthralled with the movie I told my wife I would like a Bubba Gump hat...but at that time there were no Bubba Gump restaurants in every tourist destination, and movie marketing was not like it is now...no ability to buy anything you wanted online at any time. My wife wrote to Paramount Pictures inquiring about where she could buy me a hat (when you see the movie, you will understand the significance of the hat). A few weeks later a package arrived from Paramount with a Bubba Gump hat and she surprised me with it. I wore that thing a lot and people everywhere would stop me and ask where I got it. Still have it...just snapped a pic of it in my closet.
Anyway, see Forrest Gump and thank me later.
Lots of memorable quotes in Forrest Gump. For me, the most memorable and meaningful is "Sometimes, I guess there just aren't enough rocks." Watch for that line.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I tend to lean towards not very popular movies that would not be looked at as classics.

1. Up Periscope
2. Legally Blond
3. The Whole Nine Yards
4. True Lies
5. The Godfather (OK, that one is a classic)

That's all I can think of at this time, I'll add some if I think of them. :)

Sans Souci

1. Splendor in the Grass
2. Beauty and the Beast
3. The Shining
4. Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
5. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
6. The Birdcage
7. American Psycho
8. The Little Mermaid
9. How to Marry a Millionaire
10. Strictly Ballroom

Goofyernmost

Just take my word for it and go buy Forrest Gump on Blu-Ray, watch it on surround sound with the volume turned up and be prepared to laugh and cry. It is a great movie.
A little story...when this movie first came out, we went to watch it in theaters about six times. I was so enthralled with the movie I told my wife I would like a Bubba Gump hat...but at that time there were no Bubba Gump restaurants in every tourist destination, and movie marketing was not like it is now...no ability to buy anything you wanted online at any time. My wife wrote to Paramount Pictures inquiring about where she could buy me a hat (when you see the movie, you will understand the significance of the hat). A few weeks later a package arrived from Paramount with a Bubba Gump hat and she surprised me with it. I wore that thing a lot and people everywhere would stop me and ask where I got it. Still have it...just snapped a pic of it in my closet.
Lots of memorable quotes in Forrest Gump. For me, the most memorable and meaningful is "Sometimes, I guess there just aren't enough rocks." Watch for that line.

View attachment 79332
Tom Hanks is an enigma. Whenever I see him all can ever think of is "Bosom Buddies". And although that gave him his start he is still identified, in my mind, with that TV show. However, that said, I cannot think of many movies that he has been in that I didn't really enjoy. All were very entertaining. The two that stand out in my mind the most were Forrest Gump and Cast Away. I had watched Cast Away on the big screen and it wasn't until later that I noticed that there was hardly any dialog in that movie. I am not sure of the time frame in it but, if I remember correctly there was at least an hour with absolutely no dialog at all or very little... "Wilson". It was fascinating to me how he managed to tell a very large story with body language and facial expressions only. That guy was is good.

mergatroid

View attachment 79332

Wow what a great story "and you tell it so well" ;).

I love that film and saw it about three times at the cinema when it first came out (twice on holiday in America). The second time I saw it I had to change seats due to the lady behind me crying. Not just quiet tears but proper, full on balling and saying things out loud to her husband such as "Oh his braces on his legs and they're throwing stones at him" or "He has learning difficulties but little Jenny is his friend". I'd never witnessed that in a theatre before, the closest thing I'd seen was a strange guy 'shadow boxing' during Rocky II but at least he wasn't drowning the sound out.

I also adore the music and 'The Forrest Gump Suite' is one of my favourite pieces of music and brings back so many memories from this quite wonderful movie

Disneyhead'71

Ferris Beuller's Day Off
Risky Business
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
The Big Chill

OK, now we move on to the movies I watch when i'm really sick.

The Elephant Man
Wild at Heart (best when fevered)
Up in Smoke (hangover cure)
Young Frankenstein

Day 2 of the flu is either

The Godfather Trilogy
LotR (extended versions)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Original Poster
I tend to lean towards not very popular movies that would not be looked at as classics.

1. Up Periscope
2. Legally Blond
3. The Whole Nine Yards
4. True Lies
5. The Godfather (OK, that one is a classic)

That's all I can think of at this time, I'll add some if I think of them. :)

True Lies--I might have to switch out one of the knows injured for that one. Love that flick.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Original Poster
1. Splendor in the Grass
2. Beauty and the Beast
3. The Shining
4. Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
5. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
6. The Birdcage
7. American Psycho
8. The Little Mermaid
9. How to Marry a Millionaire
10. Strictly Ballroom

Birdcage--love that movie!!

Ferris Bueller has to be the quintessential sick day movie, amiright?? Kudos to you for realizing that!!

Priscilla Qotd I have always wanted to see but haven't managed to yet.

Goofyernmost

True Lies--I might have to switch out one of the knows injured for that one. Love that flick.
I had two firsts on the same day when I saw that movie. The first of course that it was the first time I had ever seen that movie and second I had just been on that highway (the overseas highway) and had actually spent a lot of time just looking at the section of the old bridge that they used in the movie.** That was also a first along with my visit to Key West.

** I saw the bridge before I saw the movie. I was just fascinated by the bridge then to see it in the movie helped my enjoyment. The girl fight in the car didn't hurt either. :angelic: I would mention the hotel room scene with Jamie Lee (sigh) but, that would make me sound like a dirty old man, so I won't mention it.

epcotisbest

I had two firsts on the same day when I saw that movie. The first of course that it was the first time I had ever seen that movie and second I had just been on that highway (the overseas highway) and had actually spent a lot of time just looking at the section of the old bridge that they used in the movie.** That was also a first along with my visit to Key West.

** I saw the bridge before I saw the movie. I was just fascinated by the bridge then to see it in the movie helped my enjoyment. The girl fight in the car didn't hurt either. :angelic: I would mention the hotel room scene with Jamie Lee (sigh) but, that would make me sound like a dirty old man, so I won't mention it.
Jamie Lee Curtis... I never even noticed that particular scene. :joyfull:
Oh, saw her on a talk show recently...she is still stunning, and intelligently attractive too.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom