Disregard

Monkee Girl

Great thread. so funny. It makes me think of the special programs, the TGIF shows that all went to Disney in the 90s. One of my favorites was the Muppets. Those shows make you think that Epcot, Studios, Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom are all ONE park and everyone can just walk in between in minutes!

EOD K9

Those shows make you think that Epcot, Studios, Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom are all ONE park and everyone can just walk in between in minutes
Wait...what? You mean you can't? And what is this thing Epcot and Studios and Animal Kingdom? When people ask me what park I want to go to, I just say Disney World. They say which one, and I just say Disney World. What am I not getting?

LMSB

I think the Full House episode(s) at Disney hit it the most accurately when it comes to realistic crowd expectations during peak times, firework viewing, etc.
View attachment 224442
View attachment 224443
Just now noticed the random background actor standing behind Bob Saget's right shoulder, who is staring directly at the camera during a scene.

Tip #13: If you're hired to be an extra for a WDW episode of a popular sitcom, ignore the cameras filming.
HAHA! I remember this episode so well :D

Monkee Girl

I think the Full House episode(s) at Disney hit it the most accurately when it comes to realistic crowd expectations during peak times, firework viewing, etc.
View attachment 224442
View attachment 224443
Just now noticed the random background actor standing behind Bob Saget's right shoulder, who is staring directly at the camera during a scene.

Tip #13: If you're hired to be an extra for a WDW episode of a popular sitcom, ignore the cameras filming.

Which, to add to the thread's theme of what people expect from these advertisements: YOU TOO can propose to your girlfriend with special fireworks spelling out your message of love over Cinderella Castle with absolutely no planning time or need for funds. Disney takes care of all of this for you!

Momcloud

I'm surprised nobody has added the kid having a meltdown in front of everybody or the kid screaming " I don't want to ride that ride!!!" ( my son when he was 5 refused to go quietly on any ride) I think there are pix somewhere of Drew Barrymore dealing w/ her child having a total meltdown at Disney.

seabreezept813

Not sure how to phrase this..but I know as a kid that I was so let down when we passed under the entering Disney world sign because I expected to drive right up to a castle...

DisneyManOne

View attachment 224442
View attachment 224443

Ever since I started watching the review show "Some Jerk with a Camera", I can't think of the Full House Disney World episode without thinking of the jokes cracked during the review. In fact, Tony Goldmark (creator and host), did a retrospective regarding ALL the ABC shows that went to Disney in the 90s. Check them out here!

There's a whole wealth of "tips" you can take from these "let's go to Disney World" episodes!
  • If you're staying at a resort hotel, the characters will always be waiting for you!
  • If you win a promotion, we'll let you do whatever the heck you want!
  • You can totally do real science at EPCOT!
  • If you hug Winnie the Pooh, your childlike innocence and fun-loving will be restored!
  • Of course there's a restaurant here called Pinetta's! Why would they make that up?
  • If you try to ride every ride at WDW, we'll totally help you out! We'll even let your friend man the control booths!
  • If one of our stunt performers can't go on, you can totally fill in!
  • Of course we'll let you sleep in a Splash Mountain log!
  • Of course cavemen can come back from the dead!
I could go on forever with stuff like this...

P.S. Step by Step was doing the "every ride in one day" thing before Parkeology made it cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom